• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlandisland

Reaction score

What's with the argyle hate?

I've lost my taste for them too - I just didn't have options in the sock drawer today. I should have worn my navy cashmere socks to play off the sweater, but they came out of the wash all linty and I didn't have time to de-lint them.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this gives me ideas...
:hide:

For that you use a simple double-knot, but you have to criss-cross the tie around her wrists first. Works like a charm.

i'm having a hard time visualizing this...
would be nice to have some pictures.. with a live model to demonstrate
:slayer:

today's outfit
rps20111019_140717.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2011-10-19_11-37-08_504.jpg

Snapped at lunch.
Mike

It's like an alternate universe where you are a mild professor instead of a fire-breathing attorney!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's like an alternate universe where you are a mild professor instead of a fire-breathing attorney!

Have no fear. The sunglasses and attitude shall return tomorrow. LOL.

Mike

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah....we need Take No Prisoners Thursday after Wimp Wednesday....

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, TB, my WAYWRN picture taking plans were spoiled by a beautiful lady. You win, I forfeit. :)

I feel much too envious to be the winner here. However, this gives me an idea. Why don't you, Rob, and I do a 3-way fit battle next week with our brown sport coats? We can wear the outfits and take the pics any day next week, and then we'll post them here on Friday to see who can rock that SC fabric the best. And anyone else with the same jacket can jump in, of course.

Here's the jacket in question, in case anyone needs a refresher:

So what do you say, boys? Is it on?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel much too envious to be the winner here. However, this gives me an idea. Why don't you, Rob, and I do a 3-way fit battle next week with our brown sport coats? We can wear the outfits and take the pics any day next week, and then we'll post them here on Friday to see who can rock that SC fabric the best. And anyone else with the same jacket can jump in, of course.
Here's the jacket in question, in case anyone needs a refresher:
So what do you say, boys? Is it on?

I'm always up for one. I think my jacket is ever-so-slightly different from yours; I don't have the orange stripe. Still, it's close enough for a challenge. Bring it on!

Last edited:

sprout

Reaction score
I see single emblem ties like this in Men's Ex and other Japanese tailored men's clothing publications. Also, Al Bazar in Milan, their most popular tie has a "7" (for good luck) in the same spot. So there are places in Asia and Milan where the emblem top and center is common but I'm not a fan. I like the Amoury logo but not used like this. I like Holdfast's suggestion, smaller repeated pattern like a classic club tie.
The suit is nice.

How about a handkerchief?
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads