• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help finding trendy jeans for muscular build

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Yea, the Quaratts are their biggest, to my knowledge. A good place to check them out is www.revolveclothing.com, as they do free shipping and returns, as well as 15% off with the code JT. What Diesels fit you well that you've tried, that may be a good starting place. As far as the Nudies, one of the forums affiliates (read: gives a good discount, 20%, actually) www.denimbaronline.com still has a few sizes. Otherwise, it shouldn't be hard to find someone online who still has them, I've seen a number of stores with some pairs.

Keep in mind, a lot of the jeans ppl on here will tell you about are ones they think of as bigger, but you probably would consider too tight. I know, because I used to prefer jeans exactly like you are describing, so I understand the difference. By all means try the suggested styles, but don't get discouraged if you find them tighter than you were hoping.

If you do check revolve out, focus on the jeans and disregard one of the models wearing them. If you go by the way they fit on him, you'll never want them. He's a fat tub with no business modelling.

On the other hand, your average American probably looks like him so perhaps using him as a model has a certain logic to it.

Nevertheless, never have beautiful jeans been so deprived of their potential as they have on revolve.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
I'm 6'1", 240 pounds with 30 inch thighs.

I'm swimming in my APC Rescues and my Nudie BB's are like MC Hammer pants.

As for Seven and Diesel relaxed, they should give ample room.

I think your problem might be that you're not even aware of the different cuts.

Yeah but see, we know nothing about you nor do you know anything about the OP. You may be a ***** and may have to size up on your waist, hence the already looser fitting jeans being ever more loose. ie, most people on here get true to size jeans w/o any regards to their thighs.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
Yeah but see, we know nothing about you nor do you know anything about the OP. You may be a ***** and may have to size up on your waist, hence the already looser fitting jeans being ever more loose. ie, most people on here get true to size jeans w/o any regards to their thighs.

In fact, I sized down twice on all of them and could have sized down three for a styleforum member type fit.

You're wrong about me knowing nothing of the OP. I know that his "thighs aren't that large at all" and that he has a 32-34 inch waist. I also know that he is 5'11" at 215 pounds with "low body-fat".

From that info alone I can say with almost absolute certainty that a Seven relaxed, Diesel relaxed/comfort, Levis Hesher premium, Nudie BB, APC Rescue will fit him.

Unless, that is, 100 out of his 215 pounds is disproportionately positioned in his ass, or gut, or thighs. But then that wouldn't make him "not large thighed" or of low body-fat" would it?

justin hustle

Reaction score
i got a little info i can share & help maybe

back in the days, i was 5'11 and 215 like 6% bodyfat and could only wear size 36 g star raw's and diesel macrowills when it came to nicer denim.

now a days im 5'11 and 185 and wear a 33/34 in everything.

your denim issue lies in the size of the thigh on the denim, get longer lenths, thus bigger thigh denim, so a 34x34 g star will fit you if a 36x32 g star does, and then just get them tailored!

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could see how the length would help w/ some jeans, but not many discussed on the boards here as they all come in the same length

naapa

Reaction score
Generic Boy Onewash. Doesn't get better than that.

shanenyc1970

Reaction score
thanx so much for the responses everyone. Its really helping me out and everyone has some great points.. I just measured my thigh and its 24 inches..with that said my waist is 34 and probably a true 33 but most pants that fit the waist and arent too loose will be too snug around my thighs..Im going to go check out the Quratts and the Nudie RR and let you guys know how it goes. Thanx again and if anyone has anymore suggestions Id appreciate it. Im sure there are some people in the same predicament as myself and trust me its frustrating. Everything looks great on the rack or on others and when you cant buy what you like it sucks.

mikej77

Reaction score
Dont forget to check out the Rag and Bone RB6. They have them at Denimbar and they are a more relaxed fit.

shanenyc1970

Reaction score
ok everyone..I just picked up a pair of diesel QURATTS and they fit perfectly. Now are there any other diesel jeans that would fit similar to these? Or any other jeans in general? Do Nudie RR fit similar? Thanx again.

scoon0224

Reaction score
shane... to help you out

Check out blueingreensoho.com
At the left column there's a tab for 'jeans measurement'

If you measure up your jeans, you can find ones that are comparable.
It doesn't tell you the WHOLE story about the fit in the seat/thighs, but it's a start.

Edit: fixed... so Epik thinks he's a wise guy huh?

KBW

Reaction score
I'm 5'11 236 pounds with a 33 waist. I always go up to a 34 and most jeans fit but they almost always are tight in the thighs. They stretch after a few wears. I mainly wear rag and bones and rock and republics but I have a few pairs of nudies and some APCs as well. Just find a way to get somewhere that sells them so you can try them on

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads