• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help narrowing the search for a leather jacket with specific parameters

Cotillion19

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am looking for some help in at least more effectively searching for a jacket that will match what I'm seeking. For background, I'm 6' tall 185 lbs living in the south. I do not ride motorcycles. I have a wonderful (to me) Marc cafe racer-type jacket with a pretty toasty warm lining, and I am looking for a second jacket that can be worn when it's not quite so cold.

I've attached a picture of a style that I like - found during hours of mindlessly scrolling through ebay and etsy and posh pages. While I don't care about epaulets either way, I do like the high pockets and lapels, and I'm going for a more relaxed, slim, form fitted look. Bulky is to be avoided!

Things I'm Looking For:
-Slim fit
-Slightly longer overall but not crazily so. Ideally just a couple inches beyond waist
-Some level of character on the front - not giant pockets or huge zippers but something more than plain
-Lighter weight/thinner lining with a more relaxed feel
-In the picture I provided, I do like that lapel look and the way it lays unbuttoned, but in the right circumstance, lapel is not a dealbreaker.

Things I'd like to avoid:
-Tassles
-Excessive material
-Confrontation
-Elastic or cloth cuffs/bottom of coat
-Ribbing on the shoulders a la biker protective wear

Please forgive me if all of these preferences seem demanding - I've been on a number of other forums in years past, and often people become frustrated when specifics aren't provided. I'm probably leaning toward a dark brown or dark grey as I don't think I can pull off black leather, but maybe! I'm sure the color can be sorted out. Mostly, I'm looking for advice on maybe how I can narrow my searches more effectively with broad terminology that I may be missing. I don't know if this style is bomber, biker, aviation, moto, cafe, ____.

Oh and budget is of course lower than 300 (ideally lower). I'm not dying to make the purchase right now, so this is more of a thing I can be on the lookout for second hand or set alerts for and maybe score a great deal.

Can anyone help? Either way, thanks for reading the long post.

Attachments

• jacket.jpg
    jacket.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 32

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads