• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. Lesser 16 ounce cloth

courty

Reaction score
I heard over a year ago that H. Lesser would be coming out with a new book of 16 ounce cloth. The old range has been gradually depleted over the last few years.

Does anybody know if Lesser has a new 16 ounce range yet?

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by courty
I heard over a year ago that H. Lesser would be coming out with a new book of 16 ounce cloth. The old range has been gradually depleted over the last few years.

Does anybody know if Lesser has a new 16 ounce range yet?

The new H. Lesser & Sons 16-Ounce Worsted Wool Collection came out back sometime in August 2008 or sometime in February 2009 (I forget which one). All of the fabrics in this book are still 16-ounce 100% worsted wool (all non super with a thread count lower than super 100s).

The new version of this H. Lesser & Sons collection has more or much more in the way of choices and variation for what colors, designs, patterns, etcetera you can choose from.

Otherwise, the new H. Lesser & Sons 16-Ounce Worsted Wool Collection is exactly the same as the old one in every conceivable way (especially all around durability, quality, up to the task or hard everyday wear, etcetera). And, of course, the super high price that is well worth it is still intact (maybe even higher than before but just as much worth it as before, fortunately
smile.gif
).

H. Lesser & Sons 16-Ounce Worsted Wool Collection (which is their best fabric collection, IMO) is fairly popular worldwide (including in the USA) and will continue to be that way for a very long time coming.

All of the above was confirmed by H. Lesser & Sons employees at the New York (by a man named Daniel Webster) and Beverly Hills (by a man whose name I forget) branches of the USA H. Lesser & Sons distributors and importers back in early March.

courty

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll see if I can get my hands on it.

I'm very interested in the breadth of colors and designs. The last time I looked at the 16 ounce book, it was down to several classic patterns - all first-rate but nothing very stimulating and nothing overly-different from what I already have.

The Lesser 16 ounce bunch has been my favorite for several years and I am glad to hear it is back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads