• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Appreciation Thread

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gustin has some amazing shirts, but I can't get into them :( 18.5" neck, 50" chest, it ain't happening lol (and I've tried a few times)..

On the plus side, got my persimmons a few weeks ago, they're pretty groovy! I think I prefer the Persimmon Indigo I got the chinos in a few years ago better, but they're fine. They cancelled both the pink chambray and red linen campaigns and that was disheartening. Sigh.

Only 3 pair left in queue, all in production. Finally. I wish it got cold enough here in SoCal to warrant those big wools.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally. I wish it got cold enough here in SoCal to warrant those big wools.

I'm spared from the heavy wools (and heavy moleskin) since you normally have to go up one or two sizes and I'm already ordering 40's. The do look nice and would be great on winter day's here in the northeast.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite pairs from Gustin — olive green!
BC36AE32-CD9D-4A92-80DB-9A2E18A90D51.jpeg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like them? I almost bought a pair because they don't really look like jeans.
I sort of bought these on a whim but I like them, very interesting texture and doesn't give off a traditional jeans vibe.

I may pick up some other offerings like this in the future.

RobotUser63

Reaction score
PXL_20221021_155652966.jpg

PXL_20221021_155804727.jpg

Anyone else a fan of Gustin's work shirts? Been wearing the Japan Black heavy as a shirt jacket for about two years, and it's fading nicely. Thinking of picking up the cone mills work shirt for days I'm wearing black jeans or khakis. I'm not quite cool enough to pull off the Johnny Cash look lol.

andy b.

Reaction score
I have a few of their workshirts. They fit me well and Gustin finds some interesting material to make them out of. I don't have any here with me to take a photo, but I have the Monster Natural that I wore as an actual workshirt, and it has a million stains on it. LOL
The Japan Heavy Moleskin is heavier than most jean jackets. It's a cool fabric.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of them. It seems people either love or hate the "stripes" from the heavy slub yarn. I like how it looks. They are one of my favorite pairs from Gustin.
Been wearing mine a lot the last couple weeks. Love ‘em

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, Gustin needs to get their QC back online. Ever since the pandemic it seems they've been falling a bit. From resizing their pants, to inconsistency in the pants (I assume due to different factories) regarding button closure count and belt loops, with wrong color patches (several of my black patches came in brown... I mean, small detail but it's a detail they used to not miss). I got my annual box of black t-shirts, this time in Pima because I live in the fuckin' valley and it's hot as balls and I wanted something a little lighter weight and a little silkier than usual and... well, this **** ain't it. It feels like the heavyweight t-shirts (I've got a couple in the old indigo stripe). For the price premium, dammit, I want pima. I have to wonder what's going on over there and worry they're not doing that well. I have noticed for the past few years that runs don't instantly "sell through" like they used to, now things get bumped for weeks before they either stop the campaign or run it through. :/ But I gotta say, getting the wrong shirts, in bulk, does not inspire confidence. :( I've emailed their support and we'll see what they say.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads