• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Appreciation Thread

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the plain Jane packaging is one of the things I actually like about gustin. It’s just going in the garbage; I don’t need pretty trash lol. What I don’t like are the insane times these days to fill a campaign nor the manufacturing delays, but fortunately I’ve got plenty of clothes.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I've mentioned previously, I have one more pending order from Gustin. It went from product not meeting standards so it was being remade to ready for shipment and will ship next week which was in that status for almost a month to item cancelled/money refunded.

That's the last time I'm buying anything from them and definitely not recommending them either to anybody.
I’ve never had that particular problem. My biggest problem has been waiting longer than expected, and one pair which is probably just a little too tight.

It sounds to me like maybe the replacement pair didn’t meet standards either. They only order enough material for the orders they receive, which can create problems like this. It’s the price to pay when your business model is built around not keeping a warehouse full of inventory.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the plain Jane packaging is one of the things I actually like about gustin. It’s just going in the garbage; I don’t need pretty trash lol. What I don’t like are the insane times these days to fill a campaign nor the manufacturing delays, but fortunately I’ve got plenty of clothes.
I didn't mean to imply I wanted fancy packaging just that the item arrives safe and presentable. It's not all that important when it's a pair of jeans but a waxed jacket or leather that will show creases should be wrapped or packaged more carefully.

I've sold vintage shoes for $40 that I've packed better/safer for eBay.

I'll let these next purchases come through and see if I want to spend more.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who has experience with Gustin leather jackets? Good value for the money?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of their bags and another I just backed. If the jackets are similar, I'd have no problems trying one if they fit. Unfortunately, going by their size guide their shoulders are just too narrow to risk.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was curious about when I bought/backed an item and when it shipped. Still hasn't shipped yet but when backed here was the estimated shipping: EST. SHIP December / January, it was backed/payment processed on 11/25/2021. So it's taking 5-6 months now.

I'd back a bar of linen pants now but seems like I'd get them in November and Linen going into Winter isn't a good idea. :brick:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was curious about when I bought/backed an item and when it shipped. Still hasn't shipped yet but when backed here was the estimated shipping: EST. SHIP December / January, it was backed/payment processed on 11/25/2021. So it's taking 5-6 months now.

I'd back a bar of linen pants now but seems like I'd get them in November and Linen going into Winter isn't a good idea. :brick:
Yeah, that's a real long time to be delayed. I have something that was supposed to be delivered February/March and it just made it out of cutting, but at the same time backed two things since that purchase, which arrived before it.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 3 others that are Feb/March ship time and haven't hit sewing yet. I backed and the campaign fulfilled for the Japan Olive on 1/3/2022 and entered step 4 yesterday so maybe by June/July I'll get delivery

I mean I can have shoes made faster.

Any other companies that do the kind of colors and textures Gustin does for similar cost but faster? Naked & Famous does some that are interesting but too high for me. Bravestar has a tiny selection and just black or blue.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any other companies that do the kind of colors and textures Gustin does for similar cost but faster? Naked & Famous does some that are interesting but too high for me. Bravestar has a tiny selection and just black or blue.

Would also be interested to know this if there are others.

This is the most recent denim I've backed: https://www.weargustin.com/store/jeans-31-indigo-rainbow-5-pocket?campaign_id=15734

Think I have enough blue at this point and not really interested in black.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue and black I have enough of so my orders now are other colors or interesting textures.
  • JAPAN DOBBY HERRINGBONE 5 POCKET - DOUBLE INDIGO
  • JAPAN OLIVE
  • CONE MILLS OXBLOOD 5 POCKET
  • JAPAN STEEL 5 POCKET
I'd like to pick up some Linen/Cotton for summer and the natural cotton but I want to see how these others fit before I order. Had they been completed anytime near the estimated delivery I'd have already known and ordered more.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve always been intrigued by the socks — but they only offer one size.
And I see SO MANY shirts that I love. Unfortunately they have stopped selling the tall sizes.
It seems so weird to me. I was drawn to Gustin denim because the long inseams are great for my long legs. I’m sure that I’m not the only one like that. Long legs correlate with longer arms and longer feet, but we’re left out from ordering anything but jeans and chinos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics