• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steadystate

Reaction score
You know, the more I wear them with shorts, the more I'm getting used to the look. I was close to pulling the trigger on the Oak Street penny mocs for their flat sole, but I love Grant Stone too much to restrict these to 'fancy occasions'. And these are about as close to that Goldilocks fit as I could hope for.

Time to really break these babies in.

Attachments

• PXL_20231023_101040734_1_1.jpg
    PXL_20231023_101040734_1_1.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

Xysters

Reaction score
Just took delivery of a pair of B-grade Diesel Crimson Chromexcel in 8D. Had a change of heart, and am planning to return them, but let me know if anyone wants them. $275 net to me. I'm not making any money; just wanted to pay it forward. Let me know within one week. Otherwise I will start the return. I did not even open the shipping box.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious how many folks here wear the loafers primarily casually. I have the storm suede ones, which by their nature are supposed to be more informal, but they still feel so dressy that I struggle to think of everyday occasions to wear them.

Part of this has to do with the heel (I don't think I can wear these with shorts which is a bummer), but also possibly because they are still very new and un-broken in. I've seen some amazing photo albums of them thoroughly worn in after 6 - 12 months and they do look very slipper-like.

Do I just need to wear the hell out of them and get that fuzzy suede nap going so that I can start to regard them as slippers? Right now, they look, as my brother put it, like the kind of shoes Connor McGregor would wear with a suit. 😄
Like the others that have posted, I wear them with shorts, with jeans, and they're a go to for smart casual for the office, now that it's all about chinos and an OBCD to look put together.

Sounds like part of this for you is just getting used to loafers. If all else fails wear them around the house with everything to break them in a bit more and get used to wearing them :)

Franky

Reaction score
Curious how many folks here wear the loafers primarily casually. I have the storm suede ones, which by their nature are supposed to be more informal, but they still feel so dressy that I struggle to think of everyday occasions to wear them.

Part of this has to do with the heel (I don't think I can wear these with shorts which is a bummer), but also possibly because they are still very new and un-broken in. I've seen some amazing photo albums of them thoroughly worn in after 6 - 12 months and they do look very slipper-like.

Do I just need to wear the hell out of them and get that fuzzy suede nap going so that I can start to regard them as slippers? Right now, they look, as my brother put it, like the kind of shoes Connor McGregor would wear with a suit. 😄
It’s common to be hesitant with new shoe types. You will get used to it quickly if you just force yourself to wear them :)

Turbo Lax

Reaction score
Pulled the plug on the Butter suede sneaker. I haven't seen any images of these 'in the wild', so it will be interesting to see how this light, breezy color ages and develops!

Hope you post some photos of them through the aging process. I had my eye on those for a while but went with one of the leather sneakers instead.

Commisar

Reaction score
You know, the more I wear them with shorts, the more I'm getting used to the look. I was close to pulling the trigger on the Oak Street penny mocs for their flat sole, but I love Grant Stone too much to restrict these to 'fancy occasions'. And these are about as close to that Goldilocks fit as I could hope for.

Time to really break these babies in.
Very nice. I love my Bourbon suede Penny Loafers and really want some Crimson CXL ones (seconds or sale price so I won't feel bad about beating that cxl like it owes me money)

steadystate

Reaction score
Very nice. I love my Bourbon suede Penny Loafers and really want some Crimson CXL ones (seconds or sale price so I won't feel bad about beating that cxl like it owes me money)
Let this serve as some inspiration, then!

Not mine, but he reviewed them after a few months of hard wear.

They look great. The more I see the Ottawas, the more I think they might have to be my next boot purchase once winter rolls around again.

steadystate

Reaction score
New Coast sneaker in Butter suede.

As far as I can tell, these are the first available images of this particular makeup that aren't the official product photos. At least, I haven't been able to find any.

coast_butter_1.jpg coast_butter_2.jpg.png
coast_butter_2-1.jpg.png

Perfect fit on these (thank god).

This is going to make for an awesome summer shoe. I don't mind the look of the other offerings, and I may yet buy the minervas, but I'm generally not a huge fan of the stark contrast between a chunky white cupsole and a strong-colored leather upper. These on the other hand, in my opinion, just look beautiful. The soft butter color matches the cupsole really nicely. I'd love for this to become a core offering because it's my favorite of the lineup.

Speaking of the sole, I was a bit worried about the durability, but I don't think I'm going to have any issues here. I suspect these will last me quite a few years of regular wear, especially since this pair is primarily my warm-weather option.

The lacing system is really unusual; I've never seen this before. I assume this is to prevent movement of the tongue. I'll probably change this to match the lacing on the product photos as this style seems to shorten the laces quite a bit, making a double-knot more difficult.

coast_butter_3.jpg.png

Last edited:

mr bubbles

Reaction score

As far as I can tell, these are the first available images of this particular make that aren't the official product photos. At least, I haven't been able to find any.

View attachment 2058915 View attachment 2058917
View attachment 2058927

This is going to make for an awesome summer shoe. I don't mind the look of the other offerings, but I'm generally not a huge fan of the stark contrast between a chunky white cupsole and a strong-colored leather upper. These on the other hand, in my opinion, just look beautiful. The soft butter color matches the cupsole really nicely.

Speaking of the sole, I was a bit worried about the durability, but I don't think I'm going to have any issues here. I suspect these will last me quite a few years of regular wear, especially since this pair is primarily my warm-weather option.

The lacing system is really unusual; I've never seen this before. I assume this is to prevent movement of the tongue, but I almost don't want to take the laces out to Tarrago spray them!

View attachment 2058919
Great looking sneakers. I think you are right, these are the first customer photos I know of. I purchased the tobacco calf a couple of months ago. Really like them. I also really like the look of these. I may need to reconsider my next purchase, haha. I live in Texas, so this “summer shoe” could essentially be an all year round shoe for me. I’m hoping they also release these in storm kudu.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As far as I can tell, these are the first available images of this particular makeup that aren't the official product photos. At least, I haven't been able to find any.

View attachment 2058915 View attachment 2058917
View attachment 2058927

This is going to make for an awesome summer shoe. I don't mind the look of the other offerings, and I may yet buy the minervas, but I'm generally not a huge fan of the stark contrast between a chunky white cupsole and a strong-colored leather upper. These on the other hand, in my opinion, just look beautiful. The soft butter color matches the cupsole really nicely. I'd love for this to become a core offering because it's my favorite of the lineup.

The lacing system is really unusual; I've never seen this before. I assume this is to prevent movement of the tongue. I'll probably change this to match the lacing on the product photos as this style seems to shorten the laces quite a bit, making a double-knot more difficult.

View attachment 2058919

Shew (shoe?), those look great. I'm not a sneaker guy either. So take this next part with a slice of butter, but I wouldn't lace them up that way. I think you see lots of shoes come new that are just "speed laced" for a nice presentation but for a proper fit ought to be redone. I guess it's assumed that the customer will relace them regardless, according to their preference.

steadystate

Reaction score
Shew (shoe?), those look great. I'm not a sneaker guy either. So take this next part with a slice of butter, but I wouldn't lace them up that way. I think you see lots of shoes come new that are just "speed laced" for a nice presentation but for a proper fit ought to be redone. I guess it's assumed that the customer will relace them regardless, according to their preference.
I'm trying not to be a sneaker guy, but GS made it difficult here :laugh:

I much prefer the look of this kind of lacing style. For one, I think the lace ends will be longer this way so I can add a double knot. The default one in my photos makes it more difficult to open the shoe up, but it probably does a better job of preventing tongue slide.

EDIT: tried the straight lace dress style. It's OK, but I find it harder to tighten the shoe than a regular cross-stitch lace, so I went with that instead.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix