• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GrantStone Any plans for Horsebutt leather (Maryam Tannery, Italy) in Diesel / Edward / Ottawa anytime soon?

Turns31

Reaction score
I’ve never had a dream about my shoes, but I have gotten up midnight to check the tracking status of my shoes ?
It was my first time. I was down in my kitchen using a razor blade slicing them right down the middle. Was so vivid that when I woke up to go to the bathroom after I walked into my closet and had to check them out...

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was my first time. I was down in my kitchen using a razor blade slicing them right down the middle. Was so vivid that when I woke up to go to the bathroom after I walked into my closet and had to check them out...
I’ve actually had a similar experience. The first time might’ve been when I was car shopping? I think it was that. I was car shopping and I’m one of those, when making a large purchase I drown my life in all this research. I wake up one morning and suddenly I began questioning myself if I had already purchase and decided on a car. I look outside to make sure. Lol. Similar dreams have happened w shoes, but the car dream was the first of its kind.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is on the website.
layout-2-hires-cropped.jpg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

First day below 80 degrees tomorrow in like forever....I will have boot dreams - as in which ones to wear. With my luck I'll wake up and find out I actually don't own any.

joman8390

Reaction score
I’m hoping for some sizing advice.

I have a pair of Ottawa boots in 8.5D which fit comfortably but not snug with thick socks and I’m looking at getting a pair of bluchers also on the Leo last. Should I size down to 8D since I’ll be wearing thin socks and a blucher is a bit less size forgiving?

For reference I’m a 8.5D on the Barrie last and a 9D on the AE 65 last.

thanks!

hses212

Reaction score
I’m hoping for some sizing advice.

I have a pair of Ottawa boots in 8.5D which fit comfortably but not snug with thick socks and I’m looking at getting a pair of bluchers also on the Leo last. Should I size down to 8D since I’ll be wearing thin socks and a blucher is a bit less size forgiving?

For reference I’m a 8.5D on the Barrie last and a 9D on the AE 65 last.

thanks!

I have 2 pairs of bluchers and some ottawas in 10E and they fit identically (a bit more vertical room in the toe of the boots). Probably worth sizing down if thin socks don't work for you in the boots.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crumbo