• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We do ship UPS so that may come into play. If you would like us to ship USPS, please reply to your order confirmation email and just let us know.
Good to know, as I know they are made in China and that is probably on the customs form I assume so UPS might take that into account and charge more fees lol. Usually Canada Post tends to be more lenient, but I'd rather risk with CP than UPS fees, especially when CETA or CUSMA isn't in effect.

I like it.
Maybe something for down the pipeline for next year, be a great combination tbh. I would purchase over Meermin's suede Chelsea's

postjack

Reaction score
hey all, quick general shoe fit question. why is it that in the morning when i first put on my Grant Stones (either longwing or oxford) they feel uncomfortably tight right around the center of the shoe, from the sides to the top, but within 45 minutes or so they feel roomier and very comfortable? and they seem to get more comfortable as the day goes on. by the end of the day i'm watching TV and don't even want to take them off.

definitely not complaining, just curious if this is anyone's else's experience, and what is the mechanism that causes this? does the leather stretch, or does my foot sink into the footbed? or does my foot shrink lol.

BrandonF

Reaction score
hey all, quick general shoe fit question. why is it that in the morning when i first put on my Grant Stones (either longwing or oxford) they feel uncomfortably tight right around the center of the shoe, from the sides to the top, but within 45 minutes or so they feel roomier and very comfortable? and they seem to get more comfortable as the day goes on. by the end of the day i'm watching TV and don't even want to take them off.

definitely not complaining, just curious if this is anyone's else's experience, and what is the mechanism that causes this? does the leather stretch, or does my foot sink into the footbed? or does my foot shrink lol.

Same issue here, and would also like to know. Most things online only talk about feet swelling through the day - mine is the opposite (only time that happened was at a wedding at the very end).

Do you have a high arch/instep? My working theory is that my arch is higher in the morning, but loosens up as I walk on them. I’ve had some success stretching my feet in the morning before putting on shoes that are a bit snug.

Turns31

Reaction score

Leather softens and becomes more pliable with the heat of your feet throughout the day. That would be my guess.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same issue here, and would also like to know. Most things online only talk about feet swelling through the day - mine is the opposite (only time that happened was at a wedding at the very end).

Do you have a high arch/instep? My working theory is that my arch is higher in the morning, but loosens up as I walk on them. I’ve had some success stretching my feet in the morning before putting on shoes that are a bit snug.
If I am not mistaken, your feet also swell throughout the night. So if that is right, your feet are probably larger than normal when putting the shoe on. Then throughout the day your feet may swell a bit more, however that is combined with the leather becoming more pliable throughout the day and molding to your feet.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coffee suede LWB today.

Also forest kudu cap toe boots yesterday. I have a hard time deciding how I feel about the forest kudu. They come off a bit dull in some lighting and a beautiful green in others. Looking forward to seeing how these patina.

C64927B8-8667-44EC-AB64-0AB6E18ADCB2.jpeg 83F18595-E1B2-45C0-BBA2-13DDD716E4E2.jpeg

4CB48880-2F65-4FF6-AB5A-A1DDE68695B6.jpeg 3A31F602-E2C8-4B51-B4F9-64BD6DC01C45.jpeg FBB9B99A-31F6-400C-AD34-556F6B900851.jpeg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tried on my Navy Ottawas and noticed some of the heel nails are not countersunk or flush. I assume it would be alright to use a nail punch to sink them lower? They are scratching my wood floors.

postjack

Reaction score

glad it's just not me. however i do not have a particularly high instep. based on other posters responses sounds like it's some combination of (a) the leather becoming softer and more pliable via heat throughout the day or (b) maybe our feet are more swollen in the morning. thanks all!

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@postjack Sounds like a high instep for sure. If it's uncomfortable I'd suggest getting large shoe trees to store the shoes with or use a shoe stretcher/have them stretched there. The cork should compress a little over time and the leather will stretch, both making it more comfortable, but not enough to make a big difference. Too much pressure on the top of the foot can add needless strain when wearing. Maybe a width up could be considered for next time.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and it's here:

Thanks! The search bar is quite bad here...

Plumluck

Reaction score
We also wanted to share a photo of this chukka in development. It looks quite a bit different than our current line up, with the black suede, black welts and crepe sole. The pattern is just about settled; we are happy with the fit.

View attachment 1447426
Been a minute since I checked SF, but the chukka is an absolute stunner! Feels like an in between of the unlined Alden and Clarks desert boot. That’s gonna go great with denim, cords, chinos, and flannel. I’m in for these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads