• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Been a minute since I checked SF, but the chukka is an absolute stunner! Feels like an in between of the unlined Alden and Clarks desert boot. That’s gonna go great with denim, cords, chinos, and flannel. I’m in for these.
Went back and looked at those myself - you're right they look great. My only hesitation is if they are the soft crepe soles, they just get so nasty and can't be cleaned much.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coffee suede LWB today.

Also forest kudu cap toe boots yesterday. I have a hard time deciding how I feel about the forest kudu. They come off a bit dull in some lighting and a beautiful green in others. Looking forward to seeing how these patina.

View attachment 1458711View attachment 1458712

View attachment 1458716View attachment 1458717View attachment 1458718
The color variation in the sung is quite intense... i think a long term update would be super interesting

BrandonF

Reaction score
The color variation in the sung is quite intense... i think a long term update would be super interesting
I was just noticing this about mine the other day. I thought they looked good when I got them, but the color looks so much richer and more depth now. Such a great shoe.

shahtirthak

Reaction score
Dune Ottawas....the pair that gives me the most "Built like a Tank" feeling !!

In direct sunlight...
20200917_080635.jpg

In daylight / shade...
20200917_082239.jpg

Last edited:

Cordovanity

Reaction score
Is there any reason I shouldn't get Grant Stone's Crimson Chromexcel plain toe boots instead of a pair of Vibergs given the price difference?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason I shouldn't get Grant Stone's Crimson Chromexcel plain toe boots instead of a pair of Vibergs given the price difference?
I own both Viberg and GS. Both are built tank like. So depending on what aesthetic you personally prefer, you should get 2 pair of Grant Stone if you like them and you’re willing to spend Viberg money.

Last edited:

Turns31

Reaction score
You're paying for the 2030 last and unique leathers when you buy Viberg. GS has better overall QC (perfect stitching, straight cap toes, edge finishing, etc...) but I do give Viberg a slight advantage on clicking in my experience. The main difference is the aesthetics. Vibergs 2030 is sleek and sexy and stitchdown while Grant Stone is beefy and storm welted while still being slim. Both are going to last you a decade plus if you take care of them.

Here's a quick pic I took this morning showing a difference in shape.

Attachments

ifticar2

Reaction score
I would disagree on the clicking part, but as singular consumers, we can't relaly get a big enough sample size to come to a meaningful conclusion. Based on the experiences of people here, at the very least I think you can say that Grant Stone has very good clicking.

The main reason to get the Viberg over GS is if you like the pattern. Viberg has been messing around with their pattern lately it seems, but IMO when Viberg does it right, they make the most attractive service boot pattern around. Therefore, I would mainly just go by the aesthetics. If you like the viberg pattern enough to spend $300 extra on it, then go ahead and get the vibergs.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I would disagree on the clicking part, but as singular consumers, we can't relaly get a big enough sample size to come to a meaningful conclusion. Based on the experiences of people here, at the very least I think you can say that Grant Stone has very good clicking.

The main reason to get the Viberg over GS is if you like the pattern. Viberg has been messing around with their pattern lately it seems, but IMO when Viberg does it right, they make the most attractive service boot pattern around. Therefore, I would mainly just go by the aesthetics. If you like the viberg pattern enough to spend $300 extra on it, then go ahead and get the vibergs.
Was just thinking this. IMO no other brand matches the silhouette of a well-done Viberg service boot. Somehow they have just nailed it with perfect proportions all the way around. And I feel like Vibergs are truly intended to take years of punishment.

Can't go wrong with the GS crimson cxl of course, I'm looking at them closely as well. On the GS Facebook page there is a post a few days ago about something new coming in this leather very soon. Hmmm?

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.