• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cap Toe's today.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticed how JC Cole shoes are remarkably similar to Grant Stone? Even that little X stitch near the laces. I've owned both and am convinced they're made by the same people in the same factory. Anyone know if I'm correct?

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticed how JC Cole shoes are remarkably similar to Grant Stone? Even that little X stitch near the laces. I've owned both and am convinced they're made by the same people in the same factory. Anyone know if I'm correct?

I know nothing about this brand other than having seen them a long time ago from shoemart and remarking that they looked quite solid considering they were built in China. aeAnonymous recommended them at one point so he might know more about them. As an FYI to people here, there was one point (it was pretty short, for like 2 weeks at most) during the summer (?) where shoemart actually sold these at 199 which I thought was unbelievable. They start at 8D like a lot of stuff out there, so I'm SOL, but in case others are interested.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have heard you are correct, same people, same factory is what I heard.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I believe stuff from the J. Crew Ludlow line is also made in the same factory.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never been a big dark brown shoe guy but I've been reaching for my Crimsons more than my Saddles more and more.
Medium/dark brown is just more versatile. Easier to pair with more stuff.

This topic had been mentioned earlier in the thread and it seems that your observation is correct! Do you notice a difference in the fit?

@JoeRogan Didn't know that J. Crew carried Grant Stones, I think that's awesome! It gets extra exposure for the brand not to mention more sales. It doesn't look like they're Ludlow-branded either, being advertised as Grant Stone on the site. All 11 models are from their original product line.

But if given the choice I would wholeheartedly recommend going directly through Grant Stone as their customer service is out of this world.

Just ordered the suede PTB. :satisfied:

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Medium/dark brown is just more versatile. Easier to pair with more stuff.

This topic had been mentioned earlier in the thread and it seems that your observation is correct! Do you notice a difference in the fit?

@JoeRogan Didn't know that J. Crew carried Grant Stones, I think that's awesome! It gets extra exposure for the brand not to mention more sales. It doesn't look like they're Ludlow-branded either, being advertised as Grant Stone on the site. All 11 models are from their original product line.

But if given the choice I would wholeheartedly recommend going directly through Grant Stone as their customer service is out of this world.

Just ordered the suede PTB. :satisfied:

Yeah they "carry" Grant Stone, but it doesn't actually ship from them. I'm not referring to their Grant Stones anyway, like I said I'm referring to the Ludlow line.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah they "carry" Grant Stone, but it doesn't actually ship from them. I'm not referring to their Grant Stones anyway, like I said I'm referring to the Ludlow line.
A search of the J Crew website only turns up clothing, no footwear, using Ludlow as the criteria. Ludlow is not listed under brand using the brand filter either. Are they the Ludlow model, from a different manufacturer? Grant Stone IS listed under brands.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A search of the J Crew website only turns up clothing, no footwear, using Ludlow as the criteria. Ludlow is not listed under brand using the brand filter either. Are they the Ludlow model, from a different manufacturer? Grant Stone IS listed under brands.

Can't really speak to how you're searching so I don't know what you're seeing, but there's definitely Ludlow footwear on the site right now: https://www.jcrew.com/r/search?N=16+10014&Nloc=en&Ntrm=ludlow&crawl=no

They have more makeups than those as well, but they sell out pretty quickly once they go on sale. I picked up some snuff suede chukkas myself for about $75.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SF. There are a few of us up here in MN. You rocking leather soles in the snow today?
A commando sole could be added to very nice effect.

I did the same thing and had trouble tracking down their Ludlow shoes.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/j-crew-ludlow-shoes-alden-make.370921/page-5 Looks like a lot of similar features
Can't really speak to how you're searching so I don't know what you're seeing, but there's definitely Ludlow footwear on the site right now: https://www.jcrew.com/r/search?N=16+10014&Nloc=en&Ntrm=ludlow&crawl=no

They have more makeups than those as well, but they sell out pretty quickly once they go on sale. I picked up some snuff suede chukkas myself for about $75.

Those chukkas and brogue oxfords don't look anything like Grant Stone. This, however, does:

It would seem some of their discontinued styles have been made by the same factory in the past but perhaps their current offerings are not.

Also note that Grant Stone launched in 2016 according to their website. So it makes sense that J Crew stopped carrying those shoes under their house brand around that time and instead adopted Grant Stone.

None of these considerations, I believe, weaken Grant Stone's position as a brand. They offer an incredible product at a fair price.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads