• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those look more like the British Tan to me.....
Putting the two side by side, they are very....very similar in color, and both being on the same last, very similar in shape. But the Comipel is different, shell vs CXL, or whatever the British tan leather is. I imagine I could put on a left of one and right of the other and see a major difference, but to just photograph them, they look very, very similar. It's a good thing I have an affection for lighter tan boots.........

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Putting the two side by side, they are very....very similar in color, and both being on the same last, very similar in shape. But the Comipel is different, shell vs CXL, or whatever the British tan leather is. I imagine I could put on a left of one and right of the other and see a major difference, but to just photograph them, they look very, very similar. It's a good thing I have an affection for lighter tan boots.........
Right, the smaller eyelets and speedhooks lead me to believe those are the tan and not the shell boots.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Little maintenance.

My British tan calf cap toe’s tongues both want to go sideways. Towards the lateral side of my foot. Anybody know things I can do for that or is it just a cobbler fix?
I have never found a "Do it yourself" fix for that issue on any brand of boot or shoe, cobbler may be able to fix by some stitches on the opposite side.

TheWolf

Reaction score
I’m not even sure what causes it in the first place. They are laced in the middle but work themselves over.
It’s not that bothersome, I can’t feel it on the foot, I just notice looking down and it’s a bit irritating.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.