• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those look more like the British Tan to me.....
Putting the two side by side, they are very....very similar in color, and both being on the same last, very similar in shape. But the Comipel is different, shell vs CXL, or whatever the British tan leather is. I imagine I could put on a left of one and right of the other and see a major difference, but to just photograph them, they look very, very similar. It's a good thing I have an affection for lighter tan boots.........

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Putting the two side by side, they are very....very similar in color, and both being on the same last, very similar in shape. But the Comipel is different, shell vs CXL, or whatever the British tan leather is. I imagine I could put on a left of one and right of the other and see a major difference, but to just photograph them, they look very, very similar. It's a good thing I have an affection for lighter tan boots.........
Right, the smaller eyelets and speedhooks lead me to believe those are the tan and not the shell boots.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A coffee spill warranted a wardrobe change, I figured I’d pull an @audog and change footwear too.

8C4A4629-E373-4A8B-94E4-6FE3E003BAD7.jpeg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I could guarantee a pair would look like that I would probably buy them. Just not a fan of the extreme wrinkled creasing most cxl develops.

There is always suede, I like the look of the suede better anyway.

TheWolf

Reaction score
Little maintenance.

My British tan calf cap toe’s tongues both want to go sideways. Towards the lateral side of my foot. Anybody know things I can do for that or is it just a cobbler fix?

Attachments

• CDDF17C2-CCFC-46DC-96B6-B0F746410EAA.jpeg
    CDDF17C2-CCFC-46DC-96B6-B0F746410EAA.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 91

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Little maintenance.

My British tan calf cap toe’s tongues both want to go sideways. Towards the lateral side of my foot. Anybody know things I can do for that or is it just a cobbler fix?
I have never found a "Do it yourself" fix for that issue on any brand of boot or shoe, cobbler may be able to fix by some stitches on the opposite side.

TheWolf

Reaction score
I’m not even sure what causes it in the first place. They are laced in the middle but work themselves over.
It’s not that bothersome, I can’t feel it on the foot, I just notice looking down and it’s a bit irritating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads