• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

got a DMCA notice on my vpn account

nosorog

Reaction score
You should use vpn account outside USA for such purposes. For example this vpn account located in Luxemburg, Europe. And f&ck off DMCA
sc_1051.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A big fat plus one. It's unreal how slow the TV and movie industry have been to understand the realities of the internet. How about a la carte premium HD TV? Morons, the lot of them.

Originally Posted by deadly7
Here's a tip to a businessperson: The Internet is here; get used to it. Instead of wasting money funding the RIAA's completely useless litigation or attempting to attack a tiny percentage of filesharers, why not try adapting your business? If I go out and buy a DVD today, I still have to sit through 5 minutes of "The FBI wants to scare you" bullshit, along with often mandatory previews that cannot be fast forwarded. I was watching a DVD yesterday and they don't let you STOP the DVD while that FBI logo is on.
If I download [or rip] the full 8gb disc, do you know what I have to do? Burn it and put it in the DVD player. I can hit "Menu" immediately and watch what the hell I want to watch.

Also, the fees associated with a disc are almost negligible now. For an operation that prints thousands [if not millions] of discs a day, charging what you used to is a stupid idea.

You know what would be nice? If a movie studio recognized that the Internet is here and offered DRM-free downloads of H.264 for a reasonable fee - $2-8 depending on the release. And none of this "10 month release window" bullshit. Otherwise they'll just keep getting pirated and crying to the government to get more laws passed because they don't want to actually try to use the internet.
</rant>

Zardoza

Reaction score
In reply to: nosorog
>You should use vpn account outside USA for such purposes. For example this vpn account located in >Luxemburg, Europe. And f&ck off DMCA

Actually that's a Canadian company with a presence in the US, so that follow the same laws ay other Canadian or US company would have to, they just happen to have a server in Luxembourg. SlickVPN is a US company as well and they have servers all over the world, but ultimately it still comes back to they (the VPN company) know who you are and will give that info to those legally entitled to it.

Last edited:

bamagedi

Reaction score
crying to the government to get more laws passed because they don't want to actually try to use the internet.
27.gif

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using Fearless Mobility, they're in Sweden, NOT the USA, so shouldn't have a problem here.

Which country has the most censored internet? China or America? I do wonder.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads