1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gordon Yao

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dragon8, Feb 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Timeless Fashion

Timeless Fashion Senior member

I thought it was still $710. I just saw him on his last tour (2-3 weeks ago) and he said it was the same.

Did you order a suit at the $710 price during the Nov 2010 tour? My receipt shows $750 for the CMT order price (+ shipping) and I had to mail the suit fabric to him.

His website is better late than never. His upcoming tour itinerary is useful to note.

2. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Did you order a suit at the $710 price during the Nov 2010 tour? My receipt shows $750 for the CMT order price (+ shipping) and I had to mail the suit fabric to him.

His website is better late than never. His upcoming tour itinerary is useful to note.

I didn't order anything on the tour but saw him in January and had a suit made up which I think was a bit less than $750.

3. Naturlaut II

Naturlaut II Senior member

Pictures are aweful.

Please note that Gordon Yao is a tailor shop, very much like London House. The actual cutter/tailor has little to do with the shop. What you get depends on who the suit is actually made by. Gordon was, no doubt, a good cutter/tailor, I am sure, but now he mostly lends an eye to fitting and answers emails.

4. Timeless Fashion

Timeless Fashion Senior member

I didn't order anything on the tour but saw him in January and had a suit made up which I think was a bit less than $750.

Perhaps his prices for local HK customers are lower than for customers from the US tour.

5. cassanova

cassanova Member

I got this in an email from them....The price for a CMT (2 piece suit) is US$1200-. The price for a CMT trousers only is US$280- each.

Thoughts?

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I got this in an email from them....The price for a CMT (2 piece suit) is US$1200-. The price for a CMT trousers only is US$280- each. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

7. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

I got this in an email from them....The price for a CMT (2 piece suit) is US$1200-. The price for a CMT trousers only is US$280- each.

Thoughts?

That would be an astounding price jump. The trouser price looks about right, but I'm pretty sure I paid under $800 for my last CMT suit. I understand a bump in price. I even understand a 20-25% bump, but that's over 50%. Are you sure that's a quote for CMT?

8. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

That would be an astounding price jump. The trouser price looks about right, but I'm pretty sure I paid under $800 for my last CMT suit. I understand a bump in price. I even understand a 20-25% bump, but that's over 50%. Are you sure that's a quote for CMT?

They just want to discourage the CMT.

9. cassanova

cassanova Member

thats an exact quote and I described what I meant by CMT (i.e. i will provide fabric). They did say they are running a "promotion" which would give a 15% discount off those figures. Still much higher than others have quoted historically.

10. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

thats an exact quote and I described what I meant by CMT (i.e. i will provide fabric). They did say they are running a "promotion" which would give a 15% discount off those figures. Still much higher than others have quoted historically.

Interesting. That's not competitive and will not lead to me branching out from Chan, whereas the lower price may have.

11. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

Interesting. That's not competitive and will not lead to me branching out from Chan, whereas the lower price may have.

I don't think they want to get the customers from Chan becausr the low CMT price. For them, buying suit from them have much more profit than CMT.

I met Pactrick today and he said he got hundreds orders from his last month trip to US. Just counting the profit of selling those fabrics are easy money!

12. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

I don't think they want to get the customers from Chan becausr the low CMT price. For them, buying suit from them have much more profit than CMT.

I met Pactrick today and he said he got hundreds orders from his last month trip to US. Just counting the profit of selling those fabrics are easy money!

I'm happy for Patrick/Chan. They really do run a fantastic operation with great customer service and dependability.

13. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Yep, I confirmed with Gordon too that his CMT is now $1200. It's a pity.

At that price, you really might as well stay in the West and pay a little more and go Savile Row. I've decided to get just a jacket (no trousers) made by Steed at $2300 (CMT). I have a Thai tailor who can make me good trousers off my pattern for about $90. Total is about equal to an expensive Chan suit.

I don't think HK can remain competitive very much longer... people want a bargain when ordering from Asia, yet their prices make you cringe just as much as the West.

14. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

Thoughts?

What about the cost for a regular order 2-piece suit using Yao-provided goods (not CMT)?

15. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

What about the cost for a regular order 2-piece suit using Yao-provided goods (not CMT)?

I think for VBC fabrics its about $1300 USD.

16. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I'm happy for Patrick/Chan. They really do run a fantastic operation with great customer service and dependability.

I agree. Patrick is a class act.

17. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Yep, I confirmed with Gordon too that his CMT is now $1200. It's a pity.

At that price, you really might as well stay in the West and pay a little more and go Savile Row. I've decided to get just a jacket (no trousers) made by Steed at $2300 (CMT). I have a Thai tailor who can make me good trousers off my pattern for about $90. Total is about equal to an expensive Chan suit.

I don't think HK can remain competitive very much longer... people want a bargain when ordering from Asia, yet their prices make you cringe just as much as the West.

You can still get bargains in Asia but the end result may not be up to your standards.

18. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

A hundred suits?! No wonder Chan has no more specials on tour.

19. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

A hundred suits?! No wonder Chan has no more specials on tour.

Sorry dragon, not a hundred, is few hundreds!

20. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

Traveling tailors make good profit from the fabrics sales. They don't keep stock of those fabrics, they order the fabrics after you paid the deposit, and they earn few hundreds US dollars from every suits their customers ordered.