• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
I feel like we could make a reality show out of some of the things Noodles is posting in this thread. I mean that in the best possible way and like Noodles, but every so often I feel like I am having a "this could only happen to you" moment similar to some things that occur to good friends of mine.
My life is full of funny/weird moments. I am lucky that everyone around me genuinely likes me, despite my sometimes crude/blunt humour/personality.
I seriously have some, "I can't believe it happened to someone" moments in my life. It's a fun life. LOL
The fix to this error is to restart ur device. It's now working for me.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just figured out that I have access on my home laptop computer but if my wife catches me, she will kiill me.
...I gotta go for now!~
bye

Why doesn't she want you to log into SF? My fiancée couldn't care less (in fact she finds it "cute"?!). I mean, it's pretty harmless - just a bunch of dudes.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went back to the SuitSupply store in Shanghai today. La Spalla has best fabric quality and drape, no question. But some of the linen blends are pretty natty, and a lot cheaper. Here's one which I tried on two months ago. It's still there on the rack. Exact same suit, no question. Pure linen, Washington fit.

And here's how it looked on me two months ago (the back creases have disappeared since then - in these shots it had only been unpacked an hour or two ago):

I still really like this one. But it's way more expensive - RMB3,480 (about US$564) in the store than it was online (US$469 - but no longer available online). Clearly this would be a "fun" suit, not a work suit, so I wouldn't want to pay too much for it. I've queried the store price with head office and we'll see what they say.

The other one I liked was a La Spalla in a royal blue super 150s wool from Lanificio Fratelli Cerruti.

I can see why Noodles could do well with one of these La Spallas. The shoulders are beautifully done, and overall the cut is just good. (This model is wearing one size too small, of course.)

It's still available online in my size - but slightly out of my present price range at US$999. And it's a little bit too much like this suit from Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma which is on eBay at a much lower price, and probably just as good if not better cut -

Decisions, decisions!

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why doesn't she want you to log into SF? My fiancée couldn't care less (in fact she finds it "cute"?!). I mean, it's pretty harmless - just a bunch of dudes.

Bunch of dudes obsessed about their appearance and super-nerdy nuances of menswear, spending oodles of cash and time they may or may not have, possibly affecting work productivity, quality time spent with familly and friends, and other obligations, in unending pursuit of the elusive "optimal" wardrobe.

Yep, sounds pretty harmless to me.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Caruso is a bit of a chance of course, but I'd go for that one. If it doesn't fit it's pretty easy to get the price you paid for it (if it's as cheap as you say) when selling it. I prefer it to the SS suit, but then again, it's all a matter of taste.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Royalties payable in Formosa bespoke perhaps?

Yes please.

As pointed out above, it can negatively affect one's time and money use decisions. Or so I have heard anyway.

:)

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
She cited these problems:
- Not fully engaging in conversations
- Being obsessed with buying
- Having priorities set in wrong order
- Showing signs of addiction

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to argue with that LOL

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went back to the SuitSupply store in Shanghai today. La Spalla has best fabric quality and drape, no question. But some of the linen blends are pretty natty, and a lot cheaper. Here's one which I tried on two months ago. It's still there on the rack. Exact same suit, no question. Pure linen, Washington fit.

And here's how it looked on me two months ago (the back creases have disappeared since then - in these shots it had only been unpacked an hour or two ago):

I still really like this one. But it's way more expensive - RMB3,480 (about US$564) in the store than it was online (US$469 - but no longer available online). Clearly this would be a "fun" suit, not a work suit, so I wouldn't want to pay too much for it. I've queried the store price with head office and we'll see what they say.

The other one I liked was a La Spalla in a royal blue super 150s wool from Lanificio Fratelli Cerruti.

I can see why Noodles could do well with one of these La Spallas. The shoulders are beautifully done, and overall the cut is just good. (This model is wearing one size too small, of course.)

It's still available online in my size - but slightly out of my present price range at US$999. And it's a little bit too much like this suit from Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma which is on eBay at a much lower price, and probably just as good if not better cut -

Decisions, decisions!

I know SuitSupply is not SF-loved and not Doodals-loved but to be honest their jacket fits my shoulders pretty well. All I have to do is nip the waist and - in some models is a lot - they are ready to go.

It's a shame their trousers are so slim because they have some suits I would like to wear.
frown.gif

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a shame their trousers are so slim because they have some suits I would like to wear.
frown.gif

SuitSupply suits are like Chinese girls. Most of them have slim legs, but not all.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

She cited these problems:
- Not fully engaging in conversations
- Being obsessed with buying
- Having priorities set in wrong order
- Showing signs of addiction

Priceless Doodals, you blogging all this? :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads