• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Tailoring credit just gets deducted from the price at checkout.
Plus the SF discount if you put in the everchanging code...oops ^he beat me to it.

And I have to say that they have great customer service. They take time to explain stuff to dumb blockheads like me.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

aglose

Reaction score

Plus the SF discount if you put in the everchanging code...oops ^he beat me to it.

And I have to say that they have great customer service. They take time to explain stuff to dumb blockheads like me. 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I am a similar dumb block head that asks about a thousand questions before making a purchase.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oy vey !

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And when she gets suspicious enough about these bathroom excursions and checks the browser history on your phone,

Uh, what? 1) If your spouse is checking your browsing history, you have bigger problems than StyFo. 2) Who doesn't have a passcode on his phone?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh, what? 1) If your spouse is checking your browsing history, you have bigger problems than StyFo. 2) Who doesn't have a passcode on his phone?

I agree, but what kind of situation are you in if you're hiding in the bathroom for 30 minutes at a time to avoid your spouse's detection? And, yes, I know Noodles' tongue was planted firmly in his cheek when he said he was doing this.

Does anyone keep their passcodes a secret from spouses? Everyone, even the kids, know the passcodes for the phones in our family. I canot imagine my wife asking to use my phone for something and me refusing to give her the passcode and/or insisting that I enter it for her to keep it confidential.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Noodles' Journal Entry #1

With our attention focused on looking good in suits, I wonder how many of you are paying similar attention to the physical (body) aspect of our looks. There are lots of factors that create a good look but it seems like being fit or in good shape is not really necessary as long as your clothes are well fitting. But with some members here buying suits that cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000+, I don't think there will be many that will allow their bodies to go out of shape and render these suits obsolete.

My struggle with weight is well documented in this thread and thus far I am trying to go from 188 lbs to 170 lbs. I am currently sitting at 180 lbs and even at this weight, I like the fact that I don't have to squeeze into my pre-marriage pants and shirts. During the last 2 weeks, I have stopped eating like a child and started exercising. I am up to doing 1,000 jump ropes per day (10 sets of 100) and have cut out food that contain lots of sugar and carbohydrates. As I get back into my target weight, I am bringing back my pre-marriage clothes like the pants that I ripped right down the middle when I went down to pick up something. The local tailor had a "what the heck?!" expression on her face when I went to drop it off this week.

So who's into weight management or sculpting their bodies as much as they're into clothes?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is the best way to get wrinkles out of a tie. Had a tie sit in a box while I was on vacation and it got a big crumpled. It's a good quality tie but it's not bouncing back on its own. I'm thinking light steam to loosen the lining or perhaps a gentle press through a cloth with a lightly warmed iron?

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Noodles' Journal Entry #1

With our attention focused on looking good in suits, I wonder how many of you are paying similar attention to the physical (body) aspect of our looks. There are lots of factors that create a good look but it seems like being fit or in good shape is not really necessary as long as your clothes are well fitting. But with some members here buying suits that cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000+, I don't think there will be many that will allow their bodies to go out of shape and render these suits obsolete. 

My struggle with weight is well documented in this thread and thus far I am trying to go from 188 lbs to 170 lbs. I am currently sitting at 180 lbs and even at this weight, I like the fact that I don't have to squeeze into my pre-marriage pants and shirts. During the last 2 weeks, I have stopped eating like a child and started exercising. I am up to doing 1,000 jump ropes per day (10 sets of 100) and have cut out food that contain lots of sugar and carbohydrates. As I get back into my target weight, I am bringing back my pre-marriage clothes like the pants that I ripped right down the middle when I went down to pick up something. The local tailor had a "what the heck?!" expression on her face when I went to drop it off this week. 

So who's into weight management or sculpting their bodies as much as they're into clothes?

giphy.gif

This off the back my blog suggestion? I will happily accept any offer of percentage cut between 19 and 21%.

I know, I know I'm being generous but I'm all for backing new biz :slayer:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What is the best way to get wrinkles out of a tie. Had a tie sit in a box while I was on vacation and it got a big crumpled. It's a good quality tie but it's not bouncing back on its own. I'm thinking light steam to loosen the lining or perhaps a gentle press through a cloth with a lightly warmed iron?

I've hung a tie or two in the bathroom for a few days and that has helped...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Depending on the time of year, I run 20-30 miles per week. When I'm particularly motivated, I do some core exercises to go with that.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
It Can Only Happen To Noodles Moment

One time I went to a Thai restaurant for lunch with five of my co-workers, I was the only Asian and the rest were Americans.
We had our nice meal and all of us were walking out when one old white lady came up to me and asked,
"You work here? Can you tell me where the restroom is?"
I kindly showed her where the restroom was but left the restaurant scratching my head because I couldn't figure out why she came up to me when there were others with me.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It Can Only Happen To Noodles Moment

One time I went to a Thai restaurant for lunch with five of my co-workers, I was the only Asian and the rest were Americans.
We had our nice meal and all of us were walking out when one old white lady came up to me and asked,
"You work here? Can you tell me where the restroom is?"
I kindly showed her where the restroom was but left the restaurant scratching my head because I couldn't figure out why she came up to me when there were others with me.

Probably because you were wearing a tie without a jacket - server style

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads