• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Only here in the Bay Area. Don't be fooled, Clags!

Also, DNS changes take a while to proliferate, but it doesn't hurt to clear the DNS cache from your browser. I only just got back on myself.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

...just realized that I can't do odd jacket/trousers.

Surely an odd jacket is better than no jacket at all? And, again, this is a problem of your own creation. Wear the suit, hang up the jacket, and you're exactly where you are now, but covered for unexpected meetings.

V1KTA222

Reaction score
Thanks all for the comments a couple days ago. I was able to use my wife's dslr to take some better pictures.

I can see the minor skirting in the Lazio. I will probably return it anyways as it's a light brown and doesn't fit my needs as a staple suit.

Any other thoughts? Is it worth it to see if my tailor can clean up the back of the London?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
With the new pictures, I'm leaning toward the regular length for you. Do you still have that around?

V1KTA222

Reaction score
With the new pictures, I'm leaning toward the regular length for you. Do you still have that around?

Ah, no I returned it, unfortunately. I had bought it just to try on for size and felt it was too short as it didn't fully cover my rear.

Do you think maybe the longs are looking too long because I didn't put on shoes this time?

Last edited:

gringodaddy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Surely an odd jacket is better than no jacket at all? And, again, this is a problem of your own creation. Wear the suit, hang up the jacket, and you're exactly where you are now, but covered for unexpected meetings.
This. Hard to imagine a dress code that strongly encourages suits, and expressly prohibits an odd jacket, but coming to work in just trousers, shirt and tie is ok. Clearly the assumption in your office is that if you are walking around in shirtsleeves that your suit jacket is in your office or on the back of your chair and not your home.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, no I returned it, unfortunately. I had bought it just to try on for size and felt it was too short as it didn't fully cover my rear.

Do you think maybe the longs are looking too long because I didn't put on shoes this time?
Shoes would not change where the bottom of the jacket falls on your body. The longs are an inch-inch and a half too long for your frame imo

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously Styleforum's servers have had their DNS addresses hacked by some external force in the past 36 hours. This might be because the same servers are also hosting politically sensitive websites, or just because someone posted a four-pattern bingo and Spectre decided enough was enough.

I solved the looping problem by switching my DNS servers to OpenDNS in my router:

The reason some people were reporting "can't get on at work, can at home/mobile whatever" is that the two devices (or their networks) were set up to use different DNS servers. If you're having the problem at work, you could be sh*t outta luck unless you can convince your webmeister to change to (or even just add) these two DNS server addresses.

As to why OpenDNS can "find" Styleforum whereas some other servers can't, well, that's some very complicated internet voodoo which my tiny intellect can partially grasp for a few minutes at a time, but then I find I can't tie my shoelaces any more.

Noodles, don't get a SC with patch pockets. (All the photos you posted had those.) Go for flaps or jetted. This will fit better with your work zeitgeist.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There you go. I was partially right. See Fok's note which has just started appearing at the top of each site page.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I'm not so sure my "fix" worked. Problem still occurring intermittently.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My access has been intermittent. Mostly I can't get on. I did e-mail [email protected] a couple of hours ago, and received the following, very quick, reply:

"Unfortunately, we changed servers last night, anticipating no issues, but we had some rerouting problems. The were fixed yesterday, but the changes have not all propagated downstream yet. I think that the local ISPs are the bottleneck right now, but clearing your caches *might* speed up the process. Sorry for the inconvenience"

So apparently the problem, if you're having one, is with your ISP.

I suggested posting a notice.

Don't know when I'll be able to get back on.

Cheers,

Ac

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like we could make a reality show out of some of the things Noodles is posting in this thread. I mean that in the best possible way and like Noodles, but every so often I feel like I am having a "this could only happen to you" moment similar to some things that occur to good friends of mine.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
I can't access SF via:
work computer
mobile phone
ipad
work phone
Just figured out that I have access on my home laptop computer but if my wife catches me, she will kiill me.
...I gotta go for now!~
bye

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads