• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going on a Diet

bBoy JEe

Reaction score
Great work so far. See if you can add some weight training into your excercise routine. More muscle = more weight loss.

Cheers!

kmwrestle

Reaction score
forgot to post yesterday. was sick all last week. I am finally better and adding back some of the weight i lost by actually eating. I got down to 366 but added back 4lbs over the first two days of being ok and looks like thats where it will level off.

Update as of 2/17/10
Start Weight 10/12/09: 455lbs
Short term Goal Weight: 299lbs
Current Weight 2/17/10: 370 lbs
Total Loss: 85 lbs
To Go: 71 lbs

kmwrestle

Reaction score
Weekly Update:

Update as of 2/24/10
Current Weight 2/24/10: 365 lbs
Total Loss: 90 lbs
To Go: 66 lbs

Its hard to imagine that Ive lost 90lbs....almost 20% of my starting body weight and Im not even 1/2 way to my ultimate goal which will be somewhere between 200-250 @ single digit body fat. Although one of the guys at work put it best. "at least now your just a 300lb guy which is semi acceepted by society, your in the same class as brett and keith. At 455 your approaching 500....a big difference.

The 5 month mark is March 12th, 16 days away. I would love to hit the 100pound loss mark by then, although that might be pushing it. well i will check back in next Wends.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmwrestle
Weekly Update:

Update as of 2/24/10
Current Weight 2/24/10: 365 lbs
Total Loss: 90 lbs
To Go: 66 lbs

Its hard to imagine that Ive lost 90lbs....almost 20% of my starting body weight and Im not even 1/2 way to my ultimate goal which will be somewhere between 200-250 @ single digit body fat. Although one of the guys at work put it best. "at least now your just a 300lb guy which is semi acceepted by society, your in the same class as brett and keith. At 455 your approaching 500....a big difference.

The 5 month mark is March 12th, 16 days away. I would love to hit the 100pound loss mark by then, although that might be pushing it. well i will check back in next Wends.

Very impressive progress. Have you introduced any variation in your workout, and did you find a new workout partner yet? I've found that exercising properly is a tougher long term habit to sustain than eating properly. The motivation is key.

Also, getting down to single digit body fat % is a great goal, but do you think that's realistic? I'm somewhere around 11-12% and I'm much healthier than I was when I wrestled and had a bf % of 6 or 7%.

kmwrestle

Reaction score
god i love spammers. If their was a magic pill obesity wouldn't be a problem in this country.

Finally feeling better. Normal winter cold but thats about it. I have gotten most of my energy back so its back to the gym for me.

Weekly Update:

Update as of 3/3/10
Current Weight 3/3/10: 362 lbs
Total Loss: 93 lbs
To Go: 63 lbs

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good work! ayds will make you thinner..this **** was popular until the 1980s for obvious reasons lol

"Bob, how did you loose all that weight? I got ayds."
aids.jpg

kmwrestle

Reaction score
Weekly Update:

Update as of 3/10/10
Current Weight 3/10/10: 357 lbs
Total Loss: 98 lbs
To Go: 58 lbs

So close to 100 lbs. Friday is the 5 month mark, it should be close.

Im thinking I have at least another 100 lbs to go.... estimating my goal weight to be somewhere around 225-250. But for now my focus is getting under 300, which appears to be in sight for around the beginning of summer.

Going to need to buy all new clothes again soon.

laughter95

Reaction score
do you love food? i certainly do. i have about 10-15 lbs i would like to lose. but the food is a really difficult one. many of my friends like to go out to eat-- food becomes a social activity. also, i find food very therapeutic. i feel less happy if i don't get to eat tasty food. how did you deal with this?

keep in mind i'm in college, in a town where i don't get access to varied sources of food.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
do you love food? i certainly do. i have about 10-15 lbs i would like to lose. but the food is a really difficult one. many of my friends like to go out to eat-- food becomes a social activity. also, i find food very therapeutic. i feel less happy if i don't get to eat tasty food. how did you deal with this?

keep in mind i'm in college, in a town where i don't get access to varied sources of food.

Find other activities that you can go out to do, and suggest doing that instead of going out to eat with your friends. You could also join some kind of active club or intramural sport.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95

Eat good food...just less of it. You don't need to live like a hermit on bread and water. Portion control is the key. And cut out junk - no need for soda, chips and the like.

kmwrestle

Reaction score
Well I did it. I have now officially lost OVER 100LBS. This is a major accomplishment for me. I was joking around with a girl I work with "i've almost lost you" she weighs like 110. Its kinda crazy when you put it in that perspective. I have almost lost a small adult girl.

Weekly Update:

Update as of 3/17/10
Current Weight 3/17/10: 354 lbs
Weekly Loss: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 101 lbs
To Go: 55 lbs

At this point every 25lb incremement is going to be a major accomplishment for me, which is good for motivation.

kmwrestle

Reaction score
Weekly Update:

Update as of 3/24/10
Current Weight 3/24/10: 348 lbs
Weekly Loss: 6 lbs
Total Loss: 107 lbs
To Go: 49 lbs

I got a new scale and its different by about 1.5 lbs so i really lost about 4 lbs but i think i'm at the point where i can absorb the 1.5 lbs considering i didn't weigh myself till the 3rd day so i was over 455 when i started, just not sure by how much.

Im still shocked how quickly the weight is melting off even at this stage of the game. Then again im still morbidly obese even after loosing over 100 lbs. That thought alone is sickening. Its been 5.5 months, I've lost 107 lbs and I'm still a morbidly obese 350 lb man. Just serves as a kick ********** for how fat I had really become. I really need to start going to the gym, to preserve/gain lean muscle as much as possible. My short term goal of getting under 300 now is very much in reach, something I almost doubted I'd ever get to when I started. Im hoping to be there by June 1st.

rustygoose

Reaction score
Length 178cm (5,10?)

Start weight: 230
Current weight: 205-210
Goal: 185

Started losing weight 6 months ago, after 5 years online gaming & gaining fat..

Pretty slow progress, but i don't rush it.. have gained some muscle too, looking
a lot better than 6 months ago hehe.
boxing[1].gif

3 days cardio, 2days gym/week.

& hello btw! new here.. & from sweden so sorry if any bad english.
wink.gif

kmwrestle

Reaction score
Weekly Update:

Update as of 3/31/10
Current Weight 3/31/10: 345 lbs
Weekly Loss: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 110 lbs
To Go: 46 lbs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics