Going on a Diet

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by kmwrestle, Dec 6, 2006.

1. kmwrestle

kmwrestle Senior member

The holidays are over thank god

Update as of 1/13/10
    Start Weight 10/12/09: 455lbs
    Short term Goal Weight: 299lbs
    Current Weight 1/13/10: 393.5 lbs
    Total Loss: 61.5 lbs
    To Go: 94.5 lbs

2. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

I think progress pics would be inspirational When you've lost about 100 you should post some.

3. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

I wouldn't mind chiming in on this thread as well.

I currently weigh 277. I'm 5'8 in height. I've been exercising (30-40 minutes walking on treadmill at home or 30 minutes using an elliptical at the gym) everyday for the last two weeks. I was about 280 when I started. I've more or less cut out soda, increased how much water I drink, and I've also been eating more fruit and vegetables. However, my diet is still far from perfect, and I plan to join Weight Watchers to help get started on a routine.

I have no idea what my target weight is. Ultimately, I'd like to get to about 200 pounds and work from there. But I think 30-50 pounds is a realistic short-term goal.

So...

Current weight: 277. (Saturday, 16 January 2010).

Ultimate target weight (for now): 200

Weight lost: to be seen

Weight left to lose: 77

I'm not sure if I should update this weekly or every two weeks. What do you guys think?

4. kmwrestle

kmwrestle Senior member

I think progress pics would be inspirational When you've lost about 100 you should post some.

Ill post some at 100lbs lost and 150lbs lost

5. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

wow this is awesome! Good luck...And I felt bad today because Im at 137, I should be at 130 or so. [​IMG]

6. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

I weighed myself today at 273. However, I didn't eat much at all yesterday, so I'm waiting until this Friday to record my weight progress. If 273 is accurate, I've lost 7 pounds so far over the course of about two weeks (I started my exercise routine when I weighed 280).

7. Dexx

Dexx Well-Known Member

Good luck for the way to yourself. Losing weight and changing your life style is nothing else. I started at 210 lbs and am down to 170 lbs. It took me 10 month (May 2008- Feb 2009).

8. cozilla

cozilla Active Member

Dude you have to up your breakfast. Its the most important meal of the day. A nutrigrain bar isnt going to cut it. You need some eggs in there or/add some oats. Cut down on lunch too you are eating a large meal at lunch. Your goal should be to eat small portions but more frequently. Always have some form of protein in your meals. I know you can do it. Just stay focused! There will always be temptations but when it comes to your health and well being you have to realize that that is more important. I look forward to your updates.

Colin

9. why

why Senior member

Dude you have to up your breakfast. Its the most important meal of the day. A nutrigrain bar isnt going to cut it. You need some eggs in there or/add some oats. Cut down on lunch too you are eating a large meal at lunch. Your goal should be to eat small portions but more frequently. Always have some form of protein in your meals. I know you can do it. Just stay focused! There will always be temptations but when it comes to your health and well being you have to realize that that is more important. I look forward to your updates.

Colin

[​IMG]

10. ama

ama Senior member

11. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

In other news, I came down with a stomach flu Tuesday (my nineteen-day-straight exercise routine has been broken!). I basically haven't eaten anything but a banana, jello, and some apple sauce since then. Out of curiosity, I weighed myself today and I was down to 266. Wouldn't the flu be worth it if I could keep that lost weight off once I recover? Haha.

12. yuyami

yuyami New Member

Don't focus on the food.
    Practise is priority.

13. why

why Senior member

In other news, I came down with a stomach flu Tuesday (my nineteen-day-straight exercise routine has been broken!). I basically haven't eaten anything but a banana, jello, and some apple sauce since then. Out of curiosity, I weighed myself today and I was down to 266. Wouldn't the flu be worth it if I could keep that lost weight off once I recover? Haha.

'I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.'

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

'I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.'

Leave the noodles out of your chicken soup and you'll get there, bro.

lefty

15. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Dude you have to up your breakfast. Its the most important meal of the day. A nutrigrain bar isnt going to cut it. You need some eggs in there or/add some oats. Cut down on lunch too you are eating a large meal at lunch. Your goal should be to eat small portions but more frequently.

Nothing wrong with this...