• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilt final sale fall out.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got a shipment confirmation for all 6 items.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

B. R.

Reaction score
Gilt drives me crazy due to the fact that all items I like in my size are unavailable within 30-45 seconds of a sale starting...

GiltGroupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wqvong
Some of you won't get your orders, happened to me before.

Originally Posted by haganah
When I logged into my account, it shows the package hasn't even been shipped.

It's been a couple of days.

Should I be worried?

Originally Posted by whacked
http://www.gilt.com/styleforum

There is a very very small chance that something ordered may have not been available in the first place. Mainly in the case of aged merchandise. However, prior to those sales we cycle count everything to ensure our inventory is correct. I can't disclose the numbers; but, it was our biggest week of shipments to date so it took some time.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I understand frustration in items selling out quickly, but it seems to me Gilt is making available items that many of us would never have access to. When it comes to the Final Sale my understanding is these are items that have been in sales previously, so quantities are necessarily going to be low. My order shipped out the day after I ordered it; it's supposed to be here tomorrow. Considering it appears to be a fairly small operation (not a criticism) that seems pretty good to me.

I'm not exactly sure what folks are worked up about as far as Gilt itself is concerned.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My order shipped Sat so it took a couple of days. I was a bit worried they ran out of my items but really happy they didn't.

BTW, Gilt please don't change to a model that's overweight or has a really low drop...please.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I personally have nothing against the business model and I think that having things sell out quickly is fair game - I don't expect a business like Gilt to have tons of things in my size all the time, at 80% discount.

My own personal frustration was with the site - which in my case often does not work properly. I don't have a problem seeing that an item is sold out - what I have a problem with is filtering for my size, seeing an item I like, clicking on it to see it's not available in my size. Fair enough, it was bought by someone else in that 2 seconds time span, right? Do it again, filter for my size, this item is still there, as well as a dozen other items that are not really available in my size. 10 minutes later, same thing - available when I filter, sold out when I click.

Even worse is when I find an item that shows as available in the filtering process, also has my size in the item page, and then when I click to buy get an error message that, after all, it's not available. Again, fine - but why is it exactly the same 30 minutes later with the same item that keeps on showing as available in my size when it's not? One more: after all the traps, I manage to put something in my size in my cart - it's there! Minutes are counting down but I have no intention to let that one go so I click to check out ASAP, and... bam. Sorry the item is no longer available... huh?

I like what they do, I like their offerings, I just wish the item search, selection process actually worked as it should. The nI would buy a whole lot of stuff from Gilt. I don't think that's anything that cannot be solved though.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
FWIW, I personally have nothing against the business model and I think that having things sell out quickly is fair game - I don't expect a business like Gilt to have tons of things in my size all the time, at 80% discount.

My own personal frustration was with the site - which in my case often does not work properly. I don't have a problem seeing that an item is sold out - what I have a problem with is filtering for my size, seeing an item I like, clicking on it to see it's not available in my size. Fair enough, it was bought by someone else in that 2 seconds time span, right? Do it again, filter for my size, this item is still there, as well as a dozen other items that are not really available in my size. 10 minutes later, same thing - available when I filter, sold out when I click.

Even worse is when I find an item that shows as available in the filtering process, also has my size in the item page, and then when I click to buy get an error message that, after all, it's not available. Again, fine - but why is it exactly the same 30 minutes later with the same item that keeps on showing as available in my size when it's not? One more: after all the traps, I manage to put something in my size in my cart - it's there! Minutes are counting down but I have no intention to let that one go so I click to check out ASAP, and... bam. Sorry the item is no longer available... huh?

I like what they do, I like their offerings, I just wish the item search, selection process actually worked as it should. The nI would buy a whole lot of stuff from Gilt. I don't think that's anything that cannot be solved though.

You lost me at FWIW.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
You lost me at FWIW.

That's OK - it's your role as official shill

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
e-commerce sites sell out of stuff. Its not unique to Gilt. It's implied and understood that you have to be early and act fast to make sure you get your size.

halpap

Reaction score
I prefer the Gilt model, since I'd rather know right away that something is sold out (or that I have to wait for it to drop out of someone else's cart) than to order and to find out a day later that oops, we sold out already.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
e-commerce sites sell out of stuff. Its not unique to Gilt. It's implied and understood that you have to be early and act fast to make sure you get your size.

STFU

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halpap
I prefer the Gilt model, since I'd rather know right away that something is sold out (or that I have to wait for it to drop out of someone else's cart) than to order and to find out a day later that oops, we sold out already.

I swear that is what Barneys does 90% of the time you order from them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads