• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Wow, they look almost museum-calf like. Love them.

In the middle of submitting my MTO for a Cloud pair. Can't wait.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing yesterday. I've read a bit about the switch to synthetic lasts by EG which replaced some worn wooden lasts, resulting in a more generous fit. This is the first pair I've received that reflect that extra room. The difference isn't huge, but it's there. No way I could drop down half a size - I personally don't find the difference nearly that great. But I did pick up a thin leather sock liner from the cobbler near my office and that made things perfect. And with that small addition, these things are a dream of comfort. I had a long walk to a lunchtime Christmas concert - something I might dread in brand new boots - but these were like bedroom slippers. Dainite needs no break in. And Utah and suede are buttery soft to begin with. Just total sweetness for my feetness.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

grovester

Reaction score
I am still a neophyte when it comes to shoes. Can anyone share some information about Bow-Tie shoes? Any reviews, anecdotes, etc.

The scotch grain chukka looks pretty nice.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

First outing yesterday.

I've read a bit about the switch to synthetic lasts by EG which replaced some worn wooden lasts, resulting in a more generous fit. This is the first pair I've received that reflect that extra room. The difference isn't huge, but it's there. No way I could drop down half a size - I personally don't find the difference nearly that great. But I did pick up a thin leather sock liner from the cobbler near my office and that made things perfect.

And with that small addition, these things are a dream of comfort. I had a long walk to a lunchtime Christmas concert - something I might dread in brand new boots - but these were like bedroom slippers. Dainite needs no break in. And Utah and suede are buttery soft to begin with. Just total sweetness for my feetness.

These look amazing, Roger!

Just placed my order with Steve last week for my Cloud Antique makeup. I'll be posting some killer grey boots along with you next year!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am still a neophyte when it comes to shoes. Can anyone share some information about Bow-Tie shoes? Any reviews, anecdotes, etc.

The scotch grain chukka looks pretty nice.

They offer great value for shoes under $300 (you can use code 'extra10' at the check out) and constructions are solid.
Here is a little piece Derek did on Put This On awhile back.

http://putthison.com/post/144202956551/bow-tie-excellent-shoes-for-under-300-the-market

He did not purchase the boots from me but from someone else nor received any type of compensation for the piece or mention of my shop :)
Steve

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black Friday haul. First pair on Rain last. Put a little shine on the cap with black polish for a slight burnished look.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Xpost from the EG thread, thanks @steveyoo1983 !!

Will give them a proper maiden voyage tomorrow.

Many thanks burzan! Enjoy them in great health :)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8