• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Ec21kb

Reaction score
Shout out to @vestbash for the new decos! Love them!

Attachments

• 20191105_085912.jpg
    20191105_085912.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 273

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look great. How do they compare it fit, finish and materials to other shoes you have?

Thanks. With my Gaziano & Girlings, once I nailed down the most comfortable last and the optimal size, they fit my feet predictably (that's a very good thing when gauging footwear with personal style and compatibility).

Regarding materials, I've heard different takes and POVs on leather quality between brands. I won't do any comparisons on this, but for the most part I've been impressed with the finish and materials on my G&Gs (I currently own 10 pairs). With G&G, you are paying a heck of a lot for decent quality, tried and true craftsmanship, sharp looks, and a premium brand name.

You may be able to get similar offerings through some microbrands like J. Fitzpatrick and Cobbler Union, but there's the matter of fit, which have not been predictable for me. Gaziano & Girlings fit me the best out of any dress/dressier shoe I've owned, and have been by far the best looking shoes in my rotation - I'll stick with them.

If you're considering G&Gs, as others have stated, don't dive in head first. If you're able, try them out first in a store (or at least from somewhere with fair return policies). If you don't have access first hand, but you know your best comparable size, G&Gs come up frequently in the B&S section and on eBay.

Last edited:

JayBreezy99

Reaction score
About to step into the Gaziano and Girling world and saw the Sinatra loafer online. Do any of you fine gents have this and any pics?

Iadbound

Reaction score
Here's one that I don't think I've seen on the forum:

It's a Saint James II trial shoe made as part of a fitment adjustment for a MTO. Hallux problems.

nevaeh

Reaction score
In G&G news, it sounds like Daniel Wegan is leaving G&G and Tony and Dean are assuming, once again, command of the bespoke department. Anyone here know why Daniel is leaving and where his journey is taking him next?

Iadbound

Reaction score
It's so interesting to see these shoes without any final polishing and burnishing. How do they fit?

Fit is almost spot on. Oddly my foot that doesn’t have a problem is the one where the fit is a little tight (standard 9F). Probably just need a 10F.

As for the finish, just goes to show how much work they do on the finishing. Really amazing.

WilYa

Reaction score
In G&G news, it sounds like Daniel Wegan is leaving G&G and Tony and Dean are assuming, once again, command of the bespoke department. Anyone here know why Daniel is leaving and where his journey is taking him next?
Maybe teamup with hanger project for his own bespoke business?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what's going to happen with the open orders that Daniel was working on. Are Tony and Dean going to take over now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads