• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

LThomsen

Reaction score
These look great. How do they compare it fit, finish and materials to other shoes you have?

Easily Amused

Reaction score
These look great. How do they compare it fit, finish and materials to other shoes you have?
Thanks. With my Gaziano & Girlings, once I nailed down the most comfortable last and the optimal size, they fit my feet predictably (that's a very good thing when gauging footwear with personal style and compatibility).

Regarding materials, I've heard different takes and POVs on leather quality between brands. I won't do any comparisons on this, but for the most part I've been impressed with the finish and materials on my G&Gs (I currently own 10 pairs). With G&G, you are paying a heck of a lot for decent quality, tried and true craftsmanship, sharp looks, and a premium brand name.

You may be able to get similar offerings through some microbrands like J. Fitzpatrick and Cobbler Union, but there's the matter of fit, which have not been predictable for me. Gaziano & Girlings fit me the best out of any dress/dressier shoe I've owned, and have been by far the best looking shoes in my rotation - I'll stick with them.

If you're considering G&Gs, as others have stated, don't dive in head first. If you're able, try them out first in a store (or at least from somewhere with fair return policies). If you don't have access first hand, but you know your best comparable size, G&Gs come up frequently in the B&S section and on eBay.

Last edited:

JayBreezy99

Reaction score
About to step into the Gaziano and Girling world and saw the Sinatra loafer online. Do any of you fine gents have this and any pics?

Iadbound

Reaction score
Here's one that I don't think I've seen on the forum:

It's a Saint James II trial shoe made as part of a fitment adjustment for a MTO. Hallux problems.

nevaeh

Reaction score
In G&G news, it sounds like Daniel Wegan is leaving G&G and Tony and Dean are assuming, once again, command of the bespoke department. Anyone here know why Daniel is leaving and where his journey is taking him next?

Iadbound

Reaction score
It's so interesting to see these shoes without any final polishing and burnishing. How do they fit?
Fit is almost spot on. Oddly my foot that doesn’t have a problem is the one where the fit is a little tight (standard 9F). Probably just need a 10F.

As for the finish, just goes to show how much work they do on the finishing. Really amazing.

WilYa

Reaction score
In G&G news, it sounds like Daniel Wegan is leaving G&G and Tony and Dean are assuming, once again, command of the bespoke department. Anyone here know why Daniel is leaving and where his journey is taking him next?
Maybe teamup with hanger project for his own bespoke business?

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what's going to happen with the open orders that Daniel was working on. Are Tony and Dean going to take over now?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.