• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ecwy congrats man they look good. Is the isham kudu batch all ready out? Or was this some different gmto?

Could be partially out, or this could have been an MTO. I haven't received an email yet.

I have not also, no email that is why I asked & thank you for feed back.

Based on the Pearl Grey St James arrival I actually figured we might have to wait until next mid month.

That make sense

Yeah you never know for sure, but that arrival may have given us a rough idea anyway.

Hey better than nothing. Also his isham is wider width just saw that so can't be our gmto

Yeah, I couldn't remember whether the width restriction was in effect or not then, but it probably was.

I didn't get an email either so I'm guessing that his pair was a separate MTO and that ours should take a while longer based on the time for the pearl grey st James.

And by the way, did you notice that our St James II is the new version instead of the older version? When I compared my pearl grey pair to my polo suede pair, the Adelaide is quite different. I don't mind at all but didn't realize that we were getting the new version.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't get an email either so I'm guessing that his pair was a separate MTO and that ours should take a while longer based on the time for the pearl grey st James.

And by the way, did you notice that our St James II is the new version instead of the older version? When I compared my pearl grey pair to my polo suede pair, the Adelaide is quite different. I don't mind at all but didn't realize that we were getting the new version.

Dude thank you for this info, didn't realize it till you just told me, so compared it to cherry St James 2 that I have & indeed it's the new St James 2 :D

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude thank you for this info, didn't realize it till you just told me, so compared it to cherry St James 2 that I have & indeed it's the new St James 2 :D

After seeing it in person I love it!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old st James II in polo suede on TG73 vs new St James II in pearl grey on MH71:

heelguy

Reaction score
Need some help. Have a credit at Skoak due to EG cancelled order and am torn between St. James in Cherry, Woburn in Polo suede or black Canterbury. St. James would be a no-brainer but I do have an AS Moore in Cherry (I know it is not the same but wonder if I need two pairs in Cherry). I typically don't wear black shoes but I could see wearing the Canterbury boot. I also really like that Woburn (have it in Chestnut). Hope to order before price increase. Thanks.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need some help. Have a credit at Skoak due to EG cancelled order and am torn between St. James in Cherry, Woburn in Polo suede or black Canterbury. St. James would be a no-brainer but I do have an AS Moore in Cherry (I know it is not the same but wonder if I need two pairs in Cherry). I typically don't wear black shoes but I could see wearing the Canterbury boot. I also really like that Woburn (have it in Chestnut). Hope to order before price increase. Thanks.

You kind of answered your own question.
I really do not see need for two pairs of the same shoe in cherry. I have Rothschield and St. James II in vintage cherry. :lol:

I would go for wouburn

ecwy

Reaction score
My pair was part of the GMTO. Maybe it contributed to the demise of the width flexibility
musicboohoo[1].gif

It probably got made first as it was an odd width with requested shoe trees. Probably means I won't be buying more GG as I don't see the value in single MTO prices unless for some special leather. Sizing is also tricky when you have to MTO for sizing.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would sell AS Moore & get St James 2 cherry. At one point I all most picked Moore up but happy I didn't but no doubt very good shoe. After that I would go for Woburn if you like them. But regardless you will be happy with all three :D

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would sell AS Moore & get St James 2 cherry. At one point I all most picked Moore up but happy I didn't but no doubt very good shoe. After that I would go for Woburn if you like them. But regardless you will be happy with all three :D

I was going to suggests selling Moore too and getting VC St. James but they way SF marketplace is moving that may not be the possible given the OP's deadline to buy shoes.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely a noticeable difference between the Moore and St James. I still have the Cherry Moores but have considered selling them to buy cherry st James a couple times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics