• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes sir I would join you definitely on jodhpur with gator strap on deco or tg73 last
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Great!!!!

Can anyone explain why G&G (and other manufacturers) make such a story about different widths?
When i visited the store they said that if i wanted a different width of a standard model i'd need to pay mto prices.
Now it looks like gmto through skoak is going to need several orders of the same width before they will allow. What part of the manufacturing process is this causing a problem in regards to this?
I know what you mean. Yes they only have so many lasts, but as far as I know, GG has all of the lasts in the widths that they carry because they only do so many different widths. It is more work for them in production.

I always stress over this too, being an H (eu) or EEE (U.S.) width. It's been explained to me that some manufactures may not have physical lasts for every width in every size for each last model they offer, so in some case, a new one may have to be made. Also, the pattern of the shoe scales differently when the width increases independently from the length, so new patterns may have to be designed.
They have the lasts, but just because they have the lasts doesn't mean that they have the patterns pre-made for each last and width. That is where the work comes in because they need to scale up or down depending on the width in comparison to the length.
I'm extra narrow, so that requires more work for them on every pair that I get made, so it probably is the same if you are wider than an F width.

I looked in to this combination with G&G a while ago and they were reluctant to do it because the strap which are one piece take the full length of an alligator skin and only leave offcuts unsuitable shapes for shoes. In fact the straps are curved like a boomerang shape so when wrapped around the boot they lay flush at the front where the boot is angled. However, they said they could compromise and put a joint in to the strap for alligator to keep the price more inviting. I would not mind a joint here because alligator isn't a smooth surface and it won't be seen.
I can get a price if anyone is interested. I'm definitely interested on the Deco
I would be fine with having a joint in the strap so there is less Croc or gator that is wasted to keep the price down. I wouldn't expect it to be very visible if done in the right location anyway. I'm interested in the Deco or TG73 as long as they can do my width.

If you can get the price that would be greatly appreciated. Me & mw313 are interested in jodhpurs boot with crock strap we originally seen this in John L jodhpurs boots with crock strap made to order by leather soul store. If you dont all ready know what I am talking about to get an idea you can go to there site & do a search on jodhpur. But G&G or jl both would work depending upon price. But prefer G&G.
Definitely and I'm good for either Croc or Gator, but only by GG. I can't get JL in my narrow width as both you and @Nick A already know, but the JL pair on Leather soul was my inspiration on it. I'm fine with TG73 or the Deco if they can make my width, but I would like to get in a few of my other GG MTO pairs first, where I have been trying an even more narrow width, so I will be able to have the closest fit possible for this special Jodhpur where the proper width is of such importance.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too calf or suede? Which one I saw the pic it's very nice & sick looking

I have a british racing green one and love it

Justinkapur that sounds awesome is there pic that you can share if possible. Kind of like to see so I can have idea on what they look like. I have seen racing green on there standard offering.

I like the suede, but prefer the calf in one of the less common colors, like Racing Green or midnight blue. Here are a few different colors that are great on the Gable (none are mine. I just found these online):

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this on the net. Are these the colours?

Those are the one I was asking the price for JL & me & mw313 wanted to see if we can do same thing as those but with G&G

That is the basic styling and color. I'm fine with slightly different browns as well, but at least somewhat close to that so the croc or gator strap will stand out and add contrast / depth to the lighter upper as in this pair.

Definitely on the TG73 or Deco last though. Not something so rounded.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All three are very nice I also like gable in polo suede up there with at James 2 in polo suede at least for me.

i agree with the suede, but i feel that the ST. James II in polo suede is the best you can get for polo suede. I'm a bit biased as you already know! haha

So I would suggest you get the Polo in ST. James and we can match again and then we can decide on the Gable in one of those great colors that GG offers!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads