• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oak Kudu Thorpe

PXL_20240120_175214035.PORTRAIT.jpg

DC10

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am debating between a pair of GG Oxford(off the shelf) and a pair of GG MTO. Now the do have pair
of Oxford in my size in stock. I just want to know, what are the advantages of taking the MTO route? Apart from the obvious things like leather/liner or last selection.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am debating between a pair of GG Oxford(off the shelf) and a pair of GG MTO. Now the do have pair
of Oxford in my size in stock. I just want to know, what are the advantages of taking the MTO route? Apart from the obvious things like leather/liner or last selection.

You said it yourself, choice of leather, lining, last, and width, eventually. No other advantage, unless you opt for the Optimum line, where the shoe is completely handmade, but you have to be willing to pay the additional charge.

Dalaruan

Reaction score
you can also pay a little more to have a trial shoes made, and then you can access the fit even more accurately. small price to pay (money and time) but well worth it imo. i had no idea this is possible when i ordered mine, and boy would i benefit from a pair of trial shoes...
also, free mto ended last month so you missed out quite a bit unfortunately

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find GG lasts fit me best of all the differing makers I own.

Try the “off the rack” fitting lasts before you spend the extra coin associated with MTO/Optimum

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MH71 I size up in, but I have a wide foot. So I'm 10.5UK in that last and a 10UK in EG 202 doesn't work for me.

Interestingly, I have a strong preference for a sole where the outsole/welt are visible (I prefer rubber vs. leather in this last).

andreasky

Reaction score
Unfortunately these are still practically new. They're 3.5 years old but have seen less than 3 full days of wear, thanks to my WFH situation and decent sized rotation
It seems the piecrust is not much visible. Isn' it? Or is it just on effect of the picture?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads