• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

BomTrady

Reaction score
Wow...stunning shoes. I only have one pair of G&G that I haven’t even worn yet as I received them at the end of the summer and they are loafers. I am not a person who is committed to any one brand...I love JL, SC, EG, Fukuda, Koji Suzuki, Bemer and Carmina equally as much for different reasons. There’s definitely a place in my shoe wardrobe for G&G! Were these a website MTO? Also, I tried to make an appointment at the NYC G&G boutique many times until I just gave up and for some reason, the website doesn’t work for me anymore. I even spoke to Tony about it. It won’t let me enter my credit card number. It’s all greyed out on my computer, phone and iPad. I love G&G but the love may not be mutual. Great shoes anyway. You’ll get plenty of looks and compliments on those.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is tan? The picture is definitely more towards the Chestnut. I assume they are not quite so red in person?

Maybe ask Tony if they botched up ? Or understand that red tones come into play when taking pictures in light of the setting sun.

073BEBA9-C249-4FB8-91A7-EC00A47A13DA.jpeg
D6CB214E-8BC7-46F3-BB2F-0ED111C4145C.jpeg

PMA

Reaction score
Wow...stunning shoes. I only have one pair of G&G that I haven’t even worn yet as I received them at the end of the summer and they are loafers. I am not a person who is committed to any one brand...I love JL, SC, EG, Fukuda, Koji Suzuki, Bemer and Carmina equally as much for different reasons. There’s definitely a place in my shoe wardrobe for G&G! Were these a website MTO? Also, I tried to make an appointment at the NYC G&G boutique many times until I just gave up and for some reason, the website doesn’t work for me anymore. I even spoke to Tony about it. It won’t let me enter my credit card number. It’s all greyed out on my computer, phone and iPad. I love G&G but the love may not be mutual. Great shoes anyway. You’ll get plenty of looks and compliments on those.

I sent you a message. I'll straighten out whatever issue you may have. I communicate with Tony and the guys in Kettering daily.

heelguy

Reaction score
I had ordered a tan hatch Thorpe also and it came back as Chestnut Hatch (looks very similar to yours). I am fine with the more reddish color.

BomTrady

Reaction score
I sent you a message. I'll straighten out whatever issue you may have. I communicate with Tony and the guys in Kettering daily.
I really appreciate this. Thank you very much.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once I had a pair of boots kudu leather boots from G&G and on the box, the description said tan/chestnut. I think leather sometimes varies in color.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of kudu. Tony said yesterday that Kudu and Cordovan are coming back, and they are launching a promo next week for it.

Really, thanks for the heads up. I will not be buying anything since I already have Chestnut Kudu from G&G. Cordovan from G&G tends to be very expensive. My only regret is not buying Ram leather when was available from G&G

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads