• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some additional G&G promos going on right now!

However, with two incoming pairs and no current timelines for delivery due to the closures, I'm not as enthusiastic as I normally would be...

Still, kudu...

Last edited:

CLTesquire

Reaction score
Some additional G&G promos going on right now!

However, with two incoming pairs and no current timelines for delivery due to the closures, I'm not as enthusiastic as I normally would be...

Still, kudu...
My thoughts are similar. I would consider a loafer MTO but, for sizing purposes, I need to see the one I currently have on order first.

ivancream

Reaction score
Anybody knows which is the cost of ordering a “patina color” when you order a MTO?. Thanks

Iadbound

Reaction score
Hey guys,

To clarify, how is the deco construction superior to their regular construction?
From the Leffot website: “The Deco range incorporates additional hand making. All of the waists and soles are hand finished, the uppers are hand lasted and the materials are cut from the very finest leathers.”

Kirby Allison has a good review video of the Deco too.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
anyone doing the MTO for Thorpe - heads up, one thing that really annoys me is that the default Thorpe don't come with

1) Speed Hooks
2) Any metal/brass hidden eyelets which can lead to premature damage to the holes esp if you pull to hard when tying your laces

Therefore, try to ask for them in the notes section

Good luck

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the Leffot website: “The Deco range incorporates additional hand making. All of the waists and soles are hand finished, the uppers are hand lasted and the materials are cut from the very finest leathers.”

Kirby Allison has a good review video of the Deco too.
thank you!

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a G&G St. James II TG73 in a 8E (vintage cherry) that I bought from Mr. Porter. I'm a 7E, but they sent me the wrong size and I didn't realize until the return period had passed. I paid $745.79, but would let them go for $700 shipped. LMK if interested.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I have a G&G St. James II TG73 in a 8E (vintage cherry) that I bought from Mr. Porter. I'm a 7E, but they sent me the wrong size and I didn't realize until the return period had passed. I paid $745.79, but would let them go for $700 shipped. LMK if interested.
That sucks. They still won't accept a return, even though they made a mistake?

That's a fantastic deal and my size. But, I don't think the power-that-be in my household will approve of any purchases right now. :(

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks. They still won't accept a return, even though they made a mistake?

That's a fantastic deal and my size. But, I don't think the power-that-be in my household will approve of any purchases right now. :(
nope. i ordered in Jan 2019, tried in Feb 2019 and they said no. forgot about them. found them. tried again. they said no again ☹.

I'm not desperate to sell, so they may stick around for you 😉

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.