• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Tony Montana

Reaction score
Can you recommend any stores on the continent?
Don't know about stores on the continent but Carmina is based in the Eurozone.
Edit: Sorry, missed that this is the G&G thread. Go with Skoaktiebolaget, as suggested by others.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Eh, you are somewhat right... for example, I wear a 9F or 9.5E. They both fit me fine, and I am a US10D. Presumably a 10D would 'work' for me. My advice--wear them a few more times before doing anything drastic! Except for the amputations, that sounds reasonable.

Originally Posted by Newcomer
Eh, you are somewhat right... for example, I wear a 9F or 9.5E. They both fit me fine, and I am a US10D. Presumably a 10D would 'work' for me. My advice--wear them a few more times before doing anything drastic! Except for the amputations, that sounds reasonable.

Who really needs a pinky toe, anyhow?

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Who really needs a pinky toe, anyhow?

Exactly! Plus, I've heard it has a nice slimming effect on the foot AND you get one of those very stylish handicap tags.

Exactly, purely aesthetic. I would not worry though Spoo, it took me a while for my G&Gs to fit properly, but now they wear very nicely. They crease a bit for a wholecut, but that has to be expected with a less-than-perfect fit. My damn big toes are the bane of my existence.

I can take care of those toes for you guys. I'm specializing in Foot/Ankle surgery, but a major part of my study has been proper fit of feet in shoes for people of both pathologic and non-pathologic types. You just have to fly over to the Philadelphia area.
I'm thinking about doing some research in surgical techniques to help people fit into their favorite shoes. I think i will be able to remove the 5th toe and suture it in a way that it will heal like it was never there. I'm sure many of your guys would love to have that. haha

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMTOs anyone? Cross-post from Skoaktiebolaget thread. Prices are cheap for now. Who knows when currency exchange rate will get worse and the next GG price increase will be.

Burnham / Vintage Oak / TG73 / Single Leather Sole ~$1239. The price has dropped around $150 since the initial posting and I think it would be a great boot for the spring.

Gaziano & Girling Burnham GMTO

Price: 10 000 SEK ex VAT (about $1300 USD) - 12 500 SEK inc. VAT within the EU
Specs: Vintage Oak
Width: F-width for the first five, then any width can be ordered
Last: MH71 or TG73, to be decided
Sole: to be decided... single leather or Dainte or what are we looking at?
Deposit: 50%
Delivery time: about 4-5 months

E-mail [email protected] to sign up.

Please include your G&G MH71 UK size/width and your PayPal e-mail address and shipping address (needed for the VAT deduction). You are not committing to anything by signing up, we won't send out any invoices until all the specs are confirmed. Please also let us know if you wish to add lasted G&G shoe trees (1300 SEK ex VAT) or Skoaktiebolaget shoe trees (640 SEK ex VAT).

At this point we have the following interested:
laufer (OP)
JubeiSpiegel
Leaves
member2000r
Ironist
RogerP
Flake
tifosi ?

Or maybe in Chestnut?

Canterbury / Vintage Gray (whatever is closer) & Dark Gray Suede / TG73 / Single Leather Sole ~$922

Or just the classic rothschild. This should really be a stock model.

Rothschild / Vintage Chestnut / DG70 / Single Leather Sole ~$872

Astaire / Sand Suede & Vintage Cherry / DG70 / Single Leather Sole ~$872

Oakham / Dark Brown Pingrain & Vintage Cedar / TG73 or MH71 / Single Leather Sole ~$911

Tavistock / Chestnut Hatchgrain / DG70 (flexible) / Single Leather Sole (flexible) $Not sure

Thorpe / Brown English Grain / MH71 / Double Danite w/stormwelt (Isham pictured) $Not sure

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can Skoat do multiple widths on GMTOs and not just on Pre Orders? I need F width. Thanks.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can Skoat do multiple widths on GMTOs and not just on Pre Orders? I need F width. Thanks.

I believe you need 5 of same width then 6th+ can be different width.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMTOs anyone? Cross-post from Skoaktiebolaget thread. Prices are cheap for now. Who knows when currency exchange rate will get worse and the next GG price increase will be.

Burnham / Vintage Oak / TG73 / Single Leather Sole. The price has dropped around $150 since the initial posting and I think it would be a great boot for the spring.

Canterbury / Vintage Gray (whatever is closer) & Dark Gray Suede / TG73 / Single Leather Sole

Or just the classic rothschild. This should really be a stock model.

Rothschild / Vintage Chestnut / DG70 / Single Leather Sole

Some great choices but I love the Canterbury in Grey

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As Ironist said, the way Skoak does it, you need the first 5 committed to order the same width to get any GMTO on the books. Then they open it up to others to add to the GMTO order, only at this point can someone order a wider width.

That is my problem, as a G width gent, i must sit on the bench on all GMTOs and wait to be called as the 6th man...

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As Ironist said, the way Skoak does it, you need the first 5 committed to order the same width to get any GMTO on the books. Then they open it up to others to add to the GMTO order, only at this point can someone order a wider width.

That is my problem, as a G width gent, i must sit on the bench on all GMTOs and wait to be called as the 6th man...

You heard the man; he needs our help! Let's seriously do this.

All the above look great. But I would also love to do a deco. Any takers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads