• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ your boots are also amazing in every way. :drool:

How are they wearing in? I didn't pay attention to the double leather taper I'll need to go back and take a look

The boots fit very well thanks to the new fitting process of making a trial pair. The angle of the calf portion of the boot had to be changed.

The 3 piece boot trees take a bit of work to use.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been able to get a hold of @Nick A from Bespoke?

Trying to get something going, but nothing on my last 3 emails. Very unusual, and I hope he's ok...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The boots fit very well thanks to the new fitting process of making a trial pair. The angle of the calf portion of the boot had to be changed.

The 3 piece boot trees take a bit of work to use.

calf portion? what other material was used? im referring to your tall boot with shin strap. those are to die for.

edit - do you smooth calf?

Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

calf portion? what other material was used? im referring to your tall boot with shin strap. those are to die for.

I meant the angle of the leg of the boot had to be adjusted from the mock to the finished pair. I had a brain freeze and used the word "calf" instead of "leg".

lartiste

Reaction score
I would like to kindly ask whether is here anyone familiar with Gucci/Prada shoe sizzing. I am interested into pair of GG boots, but not sure about sizzing. Unfortunatelly there is no GG store in my country :(. Many thanks for any suggestions :).

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
From my limited experience with Gucci and Prada shoes, they seem to fit true to size even if the shapes can seem a bit elongated, so extrapolate from there.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would like to kindly ask whether is here anyone familiar with Gucci/Prada shoe sizzing. I am interested into pair of GG boots, but not sure about sizzing. Unfortunatelly there is no GG store in my country :(. Many thanks for any suggestions :).

My best suggestion to you is, first, get both your feet sized on a Brannock scale (your local department store should have one of these). Both feet please, it's an important detail. Write down the two sizes, and the larger of the two will be the ready-to-wear (RTW) size you should aim for. Best case scenario, your feet will have a regular width to them, so you will be able to order from most RTW stock shoes. If your feet are wide (or extra wide like mine are) the vendor selection will be severely limited, and you might only be able to take the made-to-order (MTO) route.

Once you have your size, you will need to make the UK conversion estimate. If you are in the US, typically GG shoes are a half size difference in both length & width. As an example, if your Brannock scale size is 10 D width, you're GG size will be UK 9.5 E width.

In the end, the best information you will get is when you get some shoes on your feet to try on. So track down some vendors that offer some generous return policies, and order a couple of pair at a time if your wallet will afford it. The time spent initially in figuring out your size is more than worth it. Good luck to you, and welcome to SF...

lartiste

Reaction score
From my limited experience with Gucci and Prada shoes, they seem to fit true to size even if the shapes can seem a bit elongated, so extrapolate from there.

Many thanks :).

My best suggestion to you is, first, get both your feet sized on a Brannock scale (your local department store should have one of these). Both feet please, it's an important detail. Write down the two sizes, and the larger of the two will be the ready-to-wear (RTW) size you should aim for. Best case scenario, your feet will have a regular width to them, so you will be able to order from most RTW stock shoes. If your feet are wide (or extra wide like mine are) the vendor selection will be severely limited, and you might only be able to take the made-to-order (MTO) route.

Once you have your size, you will need to make the UK conversion estimate. If you are in the US, typically GG shoes are a half size difference in both length & width. As an example, if your Brannock scale size is 10 D width, you're GG size will be UK 9.5 E width.

In the end, the best information you will get is when you get some shoes on your feet to try on. So track down some vendors that offer some generous return policies, and order a couple of pair at a time if your wallet will afford it. The time spent initially in figuring out your size is more than worth it. Good luck to you, and welcome to SF...

Many thanks, good point. I will have to start with a Brannock scale and store with good return policy. In fact at the moment I was considering purchase of a pair from Marketplace, but in my case the width would be a problem. And since I live in EU I am scared to pay not only for shoes, but also VAT and DUTY and end up with a pair which does not fit.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Many thanks :).

Many thanks, good point. I will have to start with a Brannock scale and store with good return policy. In fact at the moment I was considering purchase of a pair from Marketplace, but in my case the width would be a problem. And since I live in EU I am scared to pay not only for shoes, but also VAT and DUTY and end up with a pair which does not fit. 

Where in the EU? Others may disagree/agree, but I find the Carmina Simpsons and TG73 to be very similar fits.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where in the EU? Others may disagree/agree, but I find the Carmina Simpsons and TG73 to be very similar fits.

Good info. Can you compare Carmina Rain to TG73 and MH71?

emiristol

Reaction score
If TG73's similar to the Simpson, then it'll be a lot narrower than the Rain. The MH71 is then a lot wider than TG73 and comparable to the Rain last. However, all G&G lasts ostensibly fit the same, according to Dean, I think.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If TG73's similar to the Simpson, then it'll be a lot narrower than the Rain. The MH71 is then a lot wider than TG73 and comparable to the Rain last. However, all G&G lasts ostensibly fit the same, according to Dean, I think. 

Yes that is what both Dean and Tony said but your mileage may vary. I could not fit in tg73, the toebox was squishing my toes and when I went a half a size up it was too long and that is why my Wigmores are on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads