• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Going once, going twice... anyone want the pair of Biarritz, vintage Cedar, size 8.5 (on the shoe) best for a US 9 at cost before I sell/return?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hey guys thanks for the help. I'm probably going to go with the vintage rioja for my Mitchel in the TG73 last. I never really considered vintage oak but maybe I will change my mind once I see them in person at the London showroom. this is my first MTO experience so I'm pretty amped for that! :slayer:

awesome. good luck!

Craziness - I finally got around to trying them on - despite the shoes being a UK10E and my previous 4 G&G models all being UK9.5E....
The Gable's are tight across the vamp, and a little tight in the toe box,.and the Westbury's fit pretty darn well suprisingly, they might be a touch long, however they're pretty close.
Let's see what tomorrow brings with the Savoy's....Gosh this is so confusing!

great news, mr. B. glad its workin out for you.

You'll probably buy another pair later this year. G&G sucks you in. Hard to stop at one

:nodding:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that G&G has some models that are FUGLY and i´ve seen some MTO:s that i wouldn´t wear if i got paid but in this case i disagree 100% :) Gables is one of my favorite models and i think it´s amazing in real life. Have seen two pairs, the store manager at Skoaktiebolaget has them but in MH71. They are designed for the TG73 so the "cap toe" isn´t forming a V on HM71, quite strange that a company like G&G doesn´t adjust the pattern to the last in question. The second pair is from Davidsons in Racing Green, a spectacular color in real life.
Racing Green :slayer:

Nice reply, this is the right way to disagree. It's just my personal taste, my comment was harsh but I strongly dislike caps in monks and adelaide style shoes of any maker including EG, Lobb, Vass etc. and that particular G&G model is unfortunately adorned. I had the Vass Italian Oxford and sold it, I felt uncomfortable just looking at it, just find this style odd.

I do like the V cap and I'm really interested in chisel classic styles lately. I hope to have a good year (God willing) and I will save for my current dream shoos, all in black just like the photos.

The Rogers

Holden

Cliffe

Have all a great holiday and new year

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rikod - the rogers is my grail shoe. may we both find a piar on our feet, sooner than later. :)

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would like to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here at Styleforum! It's been a great year for me and Bespoke-England with hours of enjoyment reading and sharing your comments and only hope that more guys join in this thread. It's the Number 1 thread on here!

I will be launching a monthly "Made to Order" limited edition shoe each month of 2013 without the extra MTO charge which will give you an opportunity to advise to what you would like. Hopefully creating some not yet seen shoes. So keep looking out for my suggestions and add any extras you would like to see.

Happy Christmas!
Nick.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would like to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here at Styleforum! It's been a great year for me and Bespoke-England with hours of enjoyment reading and sharing your comments and only hope that more guys join in this thread. It's the Number 1 thread on here!
I will be launching a monthly "Made to Order" limited edition shoe each month of 2013 without the extra MTO charge which will give you an opportunity to advise to what you would like. Hopefully creating some not yet seen shoes. So keep looking out for my suggestions and add any extras you would like to see.
Happy Christmas!
Nick.

Great idea - looking forward to it, jolly ole st nick

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Happy Christmas!
Nick.

Great idea - looking forward to it, jolly ole st nick

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea,

Let's start with Isham on either CG06 or DG70 in espresso hatch grain on haf sole or dainite sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads