• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a serious haul!! Wow!!
All very classy shoes! Epic!

you should see his St. Crispin's. whole story is impressive. search the threads, you'll not be disappointed.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Arran vintage rioja on TG73
St. Tropez hatch grain on KN14
Regency polo suede on DG70
Mayfair x 3 (vintage rioja, chocolate suede & vintage pine) on MH71
Mayfair x 2 (black, vintage oak) on TG73
The Mayfairs all simple stitch captoes w/o medallion.

wow thats some haul!!

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arran vintage rioja on TG73
St. Tropez hatch grain on KN14
Regency polo suede on DG70
Mayfair x 3 (vintage rioja, chocolate suede & vintage pine) on MH71
Mayfair x 2 (black, vintage oak) on TG73
The Mayfairs all simple stitch captoes w/o medallion.
Woho!

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do you know if it is possible to get the Oak bark style with micro sole were the leather is, when you make a MTO order?

G&G now have a "Thames" Style rubber sole where they have a fiddle back waist and have it almost to their Oak Bark single Leather soles. Will be available on my MTO webpage page this week although some people are already choosing it by email request.​

Last edited:

Jim Profit

Reaction score
I love this shape,

and dont want rubber all the way, is it possible to only have rubber were the leather is, Hope you understand what i meen. Thanks for responding to my question.

What is the differens between Thames and micro?

Last edited:

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
I love this shape,

and dont want rubber all the way, is it possible to only have rubber were the leather is, Hope you understand what i meen. Thanks for responding to my question.

You could ask a cobbler to put a topy sole only on the leather that'll be touching the ground. Though some shoe afficionados will hate you for putting a topy on a oak tanned fiddleback it really does make a huge difference to grip and the longevity of the sole particulaly if you don't want to have to send them off yearly to be resoled by the manufacturer at huge cost.

SHS

Reaction score

You could ask a cobbler to put a topy sole only on the leather that'll be touching the ground. Though some shoe afficionados will hate you for putting a topy on a oak tanned fiddleback it really does make a huge difference to grip and the longevity of the sole particulaly if you don't want to have to send them off yearly to be resoled by the manufacturer at huge cost.

I was just wondering if you could answer this: What has the most longevity, a leather sole with a topy, or a complete rubber (dainite) sole from the beginning? Perhaps it is easier to just replace a topy than the whole rubber sole, but it must be done more frequent?

Last edited:

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I love this shape,

If you go back to page 72 on this thread you will see an image I posted of the Topy Soles. Yes they are only stuck to the part of the sole on the ground. I'll post some images of Micro soles soon so you can see the difference. In my opinion the Thames is far more suited to G&G shoes over the Micro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads