• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, what is the deal with this new Fresco Range. All gemming jokes aside, is GG making cemented shoes now?

AWu

Reaction score
Good idea if anyone has a UK 8.5 in MH71 and fed up with the delay, feel free to let me know to discuss a buy out :decisions:

So for all those folks thinking about cancelling their flash sale orders because of the delay - if you wear UK8 and have ordered something in a non-deco last, I may be willing to buy out your pair (if G&G will accommodate). I wouldn’t be surprised if there are others thinking something similar.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Good idea if anyone has a UK 8.5 in MH71 and fed up with the delay, feel free to let me know to discuss a buy out :decisions:

Great idea! Anyone who is UK 8 standard width may also msg me to discuss buy out of delayed order.

Thanks!

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, what is the deal with this new Fresco Range. All gemming jokes aside, is GG making cemented shoes now?

It’s seem like it’s a trend EG, Saintcrispin also came out with there own. All are unlined & glued on but very very comfortable!!

Personally, I don't think the value is quite there with these. I would like to see at least a blake/rapid construction if they're going to use the thicker sole. I think they look fantastic but +$700 for a cemented loafer seems a bit much.

Woodman

Reaction score
On the way from G&G, a London Boot from the SF GMTO, patina by Neus...
G&G London Boot.jpg

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A nice surprise: after reminding G&G that it's been a month since my last email, and that I've paid the shoes some two or three months ago, I was told that the pair is ready. Let's see how this unravels.

Likely a call would be the most effective way of getting through their customer service.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A nice surprise: after reminding G&G that it's been a month since my last email, and that I've paid the shoes some two or three months ago, I was told that the pair is ready. Let's see how this unravels.

Likely a call would be the most effective way of getting through their customer service.
Same here

AriG

Reaction score
Seems like one has to remind them of this and I kind of hate to do that. i guess I'll hold out for some more time but yeah it has been 12 weeks and I only reached out once ...

Overall I'm ok as they're still a gd steal at 400gbp.

On a nicer note, voak quarter brogue in the wild:
IMG_20180725_172707.jpg

Last edited:

Helix24

Reaction score
I also hate having to make a scene to point out lackluster customer service, but did get in touch last Monday after having been told on the 17th May of the 6-8 week delay. They finally returned my inquiry earlier today to let me know that it would be another 2-3 weeks and that the factory is currently closed for summer and that they would tell the factory manager to 'prioritise' my order when it re-opens.

Although I really dislike their approach to business (should be first come first served, rather than the loudest ...), I feel that if you don't get in touch, they are more than happy to place louder customers in front of you ... do MTO and bespoke use the same process, or do they treat you better?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dealing with factory is totally different than deal with there London store. I have bought one pair from sale factory got them in week & half. Had to call them once. But all my single made to order from the Savile Row store & dealing with Neus the store manager has been wonderful experience. No complains what so ever & a one service. I am sure gents who have place order from the London store. Know what I am exactly taking about.

AriG

Reaction score
The shoe above was my first MTO with them (had rtw before) which required a new pattern (which they offered to do at no extra cost - hey it's a good style) and had toe taps. Still, it was completed within 4 months when lead time was 6 (?). And it was ordered during the new years sale (mto fee waived). So nothing to complain there; I do feel mto/bespoke/savile row store service is quite different from the online rtw and definitely has different people handling it.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also hate having to make a scene to point out lackluster customer service, but did get in touch last Monday after having been told on the 17th May of the 6-8 week delay. They finally returned my inquiry earlier today to let me know that it would be another 2-3 weeks and that the factory is currently closed for summer and that they would tell the factory manager to 'prioritise' my order when it re-opens.

Although I really dislike their approach to business (should be first come first served, rather than the loudest ...), I feel that if you don't get in touch, they are more than happy to place louder customers in front of you ... do MTO and bespoke use the same process, or do they treat you better?
I can definitely understand the frustration for the delayed orders especially the ones which were part of the one day sale at 50% off. I had originally placed 2 50% off orders but cancelled one of them as it was not in stock. I also knew realistically it would take 4 months to get it and I didn’t want to wait that long for a RTW pair. So ymmv and you might get it early too.

MTO turnaround time is also 4 months and sometimes they get delayed too by few weeks.
Mostly I have dealt with my orders at the Savile Row store and Neus -Store Manager always provides excellent customer service.
I don’t usually care for 2-3 weeks delay as have plenty of shoes/boots in rotation. I just want to make sure that I receive the perfect pair what I have asked for and if it gets little delayed I usually don’t care for that but then again for some people that can be a big issue and completely understandable.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics