• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a 50% sale is a retailer's license to do anything they want without the customer still being able to expect great customer service? Order delayed by not days but weeks, no courtesy email to explain what's going on unless you ask, creased us shoes etc. I'm just curious, where do you guys draw the line? Just curious?

Let's see all the offended GG fanboys come forward attack me again. Let's see them 'calling me out' that I have an 'agenda'. Let me spare you. I do have an agenda and it's this: I want my $1300 (or even $700) shoes not creased up. That is my agenda.

I have 11 pairs of G&G shoes in my closet too, AND YES I LOVE THEM, but that should not prevent me from finding certain things about the company unacceptable. And when I get something on sale, I expect the same quality product and same great service as last time when I paid full price. Unless the sale comes with the disclaimer that 'you pay less you get less'.

nobody is disputing your right of protest. but is this the correct place to do so? are you trying to raise an insurrection or something against G&G? Go picket them in London then. I just don't see how this is the right place to be raving and ranting when you should be sending them your howlers via email and not flooding this forum with your emotions.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Playing around with black and brown - I have these beautiful houndstooth black-brown socks, so I thought I'd subvert the natural order of the universe by pairing a vintage oak Mitchell with black trousers, vs black Strands with brown trousers. What do you think? Do either work? Both bomb? One work better than the other?

31515829_202197740389917_1172091751830126592_n.jpg

31729981_168718443793553_3750677674104717312_n.jpg

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Playing around with black and brown - I have these beautiful houndstooth black-brown socks, so I thought I'd subvert the natural order of the universe by pairing a vintage oak Mitchell with black trousers, vs black Strands with brown trousers. What do you think? Do either work? Both bomb? One work better than the other?

subverting the natural order of the universe? thanos you are

palk

Reaction score
I'm just curious, where do you guys draw the line? Just curious?

I'm just curious, why do you care so much? Just curious?

It has been stated countless times in this thread that everyone has their own notion of worth and value; if you feel that the service/product G&G is providing is no longer "worth it," then by all means please cancel your order, but please refrain from imposing your values on everyone else-- let us draw our own lines.

palk

Reaction score
What do you think? Do either work? Both bomb? One work better than the other?

My two cents: in the light, the black trousers almost come off as a dark navy, so I would say they work better than the khakis.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason black pants with brown shoes and vice versa really bugs me. Love the socks though with the oak shoes.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both the AS Moore and pairs of the GG St James. You would never mistake them for each other. The lines are more aesthetic on the GG and the finish quality is higher. It’s really not even close. I do enjoy my Moores but to me, the cost difference is justified.

You can tell the difference between the 2 pairs from 5 feet above ground with one look? :wow::worship2: I will admit that I am no where near you level.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can tell the difference between the 2 pairs from 5 feet above ground with one look? :wow::worship2: I will admit that I am no where near you level.
I do not own the AS Moore but interested to know how you are comparing them to be equal.
I think it’s already clarified previously that AS Moore are not handgrade level finish.
Do the AS Moore have same level of details like narrow waist, narrow heel like G&G.
Do they fit similar like G&G with snug, tight and have low Instep for a good fit. Is the heel also narrow like G&G which gives a nice snug fit? In RTW those details is hard to find at least for me.
I think apart from the quality of the skin those can be the differences which make G&G more expensive. But I can totally understand why someone would not care about those differences and only want AS Moore due to the price/similarity to the G&G St. James style.

sforum1

Reaction score
nobody is disputing your right of protest. but is this the correct place to do so? are you trying to raise an insurrection or something against G&G? Go picket them in London then. I just don't see how this is the right place to be raving and ranting when you should be sending them your howlers via email and not flooding this forum with your emotions.
This IS the right venue. Sorry.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do not own the AS Moore but interested to know how you are comparing them to be equal.
I think it’s already clarified previously that AS Moore are not handgrade level finish.
Do the AS Moore have same level of details like narrow waist, narrow heel like G&G.
Do they fit similar like G&G with snug, tight and have low Instep for a good fit. Is the heel also narrow like G&G which gives a nice snug fit? In RTW those details is hard to find at least for me.
I think apart from the quality of the skin those can be the differences which make G&G more expensive. But I can totally understand why someone would not care about those differences and only want AS Moore due to the price/similarity to the G&G St. James style.

You guys are kind off talking pass each other...

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are kind off talking pass each other...
Only trying to understand the differences and another perspective because just been similar by looks doesn’t mean anything to me.
Even Carlos Santos derby boots are similar to EG Galway’s looks wise but can’t say they are equal in all respects.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only trying to understand the differences and another perspective because just been similar by looks doesn’t mean anything to me.
Even Carlos Santos derby boots are similar to EG Galway’s looks wise but can’t say they are equal in all respects.

Better for Wuger to reply then I put word in his mouth... feels like you guys are making a different point though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads