• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gay Clubs (You know you want to click this)

adamsnez

Reaction score
didnt read the thread after OP, but, i only do gay clubs, and "scene" clubs.
"regular" clubs are full of jagoffs and whores. DANCING FTW!

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friends keep trying to get me to go to some. I really keep turning the offer down because of the aggressiveness of it all. I can't go to any gay social events that aren't invite only because the scum of the scum shows up.

At least girls can group up together and hide from douchebags at most bars. At gay bars and clubs it seems like everyone sees each other as fair game and unfortunately I always tend to be the one being rubbed up against. It gets old.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm straight as an arrow, my friend.

An arrow that points directly at the nearest retirement community.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
And to think, I expected to find somebody with whom I could discuss the recent Fellini I saw.

No one thinks you expected to find someone to discuss Fellini with there at the gay bar. Pretentious gasbags are more readily found at coffee houses near art theatres or bookstores ( or even a few internet sites
devil.gif
)

Julie Brown has some advice for you.

I Like Them Big and Stupid

When I need somethin' to help me unwind
I find a six foot baby with a one track mind
Smart guys are nowhere, they make demands
Give me a moron with talented hands
I go bar-hopping and they say last call
I start shopping for a Neanderthal

The bigger they come the harder I fall
In love 'til we're done then they're out in the hall

{Refrain}
I like 'em big and stupid
I like 'em big and real dumb
I like 'em big and stupid

What kind of guy does a lot for me
A Superman with a lobotomy
My fathers outa Harvard
My brothers outa Yale
But the guy I took home last night
Just got outa jail

The way he grabbed and threw me, ooh it really got me hot
But the way he growled and bit me, I hope he had his shots

The bigger they are the harder they'll work
I got a soft spot for a good lookin' jerk

{Refrain}

I met a guy, who drives a truck
He can't tell time but he sure can drive
I asked his name and he had to think
Could I have found the missing link
He's so stupid you know what he said
Well I forgot what he said, 'cause it was so stupid

The bigger they come the harder I fall
In love 'til we're done then they're out in the hall

{Refrain}

I like 'em big and real dumb
I like 'em big and

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I recently went to a gay club, and what chaos. It was tacky, crowded and very apparent that most of these people would be uninteresting. In talking with some of these individuals, I drew the conclusion that they had the intellectual discourse of my car; and my car is far more elegant.
Congrats on turning 21!!!!!

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Apparently I am too intimidating for people to approach and talk to at bars.
crazy.gif

Watch the movie Mi Vida Loca and you'll get it.

Originally Posted by GoSurface
I think I need that movie in my life.
eh.gif

Mi Vida Loca was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.
srsly? Why?

Spilotro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I think I'm giving up going to straight clubs around here. I went out with two girlfriends from college this weekend, and they really wanted to go to a gay club because they'd never been- I hadn't either at that point. I didn't really want to go though, so I convinced them to try going to "the" club around here, everybody always tells me how great it is. It's the trendy club drill: We get in after paying a ridiculous $12 cover, and find ourselves in a tiny club so packed with jackasses and douchebags in striped shirts and armani exchange logo belts that there's literally no room to even dance. The men are old, and the women are old and dirty looking. We leave after some fat **** who kept bumping into me the whole time pulled a weapon and got wrestled out by security into the ass-kicking room. We decided to go to the gay club at that point- what do you know, it's 10 times better. Better music, people are friendlier, atmosphere is much more fun, the only people who hit on your dates are misguided lesbians, and other men grab your ass and crotch. But aside from that, it was much better and we decided to stick to going there whenever we go out, the most fun we had at any club since we were in college. We were sober by 2, but kept dancing until 4, it was that much fun. Obviously, this doesn't count for everywhere, but is sure as hell counts for Seattle. I know it's the "trendy" thing to go to gay clubs, and I hate following any trend, but honest to god it's such a nice change. Anybody with a similar experience?

+ 1000

I wish more of my friends could face their homophobia and go.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was recently taken to a gay club by a friend. I was disappointed.

I had expected in such an environment anyone who was biologically male would have been groped; I was not in any distinctive way and thus I was slightly insulted.

I was even dressed in gay-approved brands, but perhaps the fact that I had eschewed to wear my monocle made a difference; I couldn't glare at them.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was even dressed in gay-approved brands..

^ D-Squared & Andrew Mckenzie head to toe ?

CBDB

Reaction score

I had expected in such an environment anyone who was biologically male would have been groped; I was not in any distinctive way and thus I was slightly insulted.

I was even dressed in gay-approved brands, but perhaps the fact that I had eschewed to wear my monocle made a difference; I couldn't glare at them.

Stewie? is that you?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Goodness no. Just designer brands.

I'm afraid the problem was the monocle paired with the assless chaps. They just don't go together.

As well, were you wearing the Mouchoir? It might have scared people off... it tends to have that effect on people.
lol8[1].gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This reminds me, I was groped at my doctors office a few weeks ago, when I was in the bathroom. I didn't feel at all attractive (looking like black death), but it happened anyway. He wasn't that bad looking, but the fact that he'd rub my back and then pat ****** in a doctors office bathroom was totally offputting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics