• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gay Clubs (You know you want to click this)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I think I'm giving up going to straight clubs around here. I went out with two girlfriends from college this weekend, and they really wanted to go to a gay club because they'd never been- I hadn't either at that point. I didn't really want to go though, so I convinced them to try going to "the" club around here, everybody always tells me how great it is. It's the trendy club drill: We get in after paying a ridiculous $12 cover, and find ourselves in a tiny club so packed with jackasses and douchebags in striped shirts and armani exchange logo belts that there's literally no room to even dance. The men are old, and the women are old and dirty looking. We leave after some fat **** who kept bumping into me the whole time pulled a weapon and got wrestled out by security into the ass-kicking room. We decided to go to the gay club at that point- what do you know, it's 10 times better. Better music, people are friendlier, atmosphere is much more fun, the only people who hit on your dates are misguided lesbians, and other men grab your ass and crotch. But aside from that, it was much better and we decided to stick to going there whenever we go out, the most fun we had at any club since we were in college. We were sober by 2, but kept dancing until 4, it was that much fun. Obviously, this doesn't count for everywhere, but is sure as hell counts for Seattle. I know it's the "trendy" thing to go to gay clubs, and I hate following any trend, but honest to god it's such a nice change. Anybody with a similar experience?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I've been to a few. Didn't have a great time, but I'm not a real club-type guy anyway. Won me points with the girls though (isn't life strange?)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You went to Neighbors?
I've never been dragged in there.

You should try the Baltic Room. I hear thats pretty good too. Though not necessarily "gay".

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yup, Neighbors- will check out the baltic room next time as well. As far as straight clubs go, War Room is pretty good though I suppose.

totally epic

Reaction score
Wait...when did you go back to Neighbours? I thought you guys went to some Belltown joint. Baltic Room is nice, but it's pretty small and doesn't pick up until pretty late.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Yup, Neighbors- will check out the baltic room next time as well. As far as straight clubs go, War Room is pretty good though I suppose.
I dunno, I suppose I'm just not much of a "club" guy. I like sitting down and drinking, I don't much care for dancing, and I like being able to hear and be heard over the music. Plus I hate paying cover. I do recommend The Sea Monster Lounge in Wallingford though, and people dance in there I suppose... and there's usually a small cover... but I like it anyways.

totally epic

Reaction score
I ran into Trevor (SuFu) at Hot Mamas pizza on the way back home too. They went to see Shonen Knife @ Chop Suey.

totally epic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I dunno, I suppose I'm just not much of a "club" guy. I like sitting down and drinking, I don't much care for dancing, and I like being able to hear and be heard over the music.
Have you been to Stumbling Monk?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by totally epic
Wait...when did you go back to Neighbours? I thought you guys went to some Belltown joint. Baltic Room is nice, but it's pretty small and doesn't pick up until pretty late.

Oh, I sent you a text- sorry to leave you there- we went back around 1 am and stayed till 3:30.

totally epic

Reaction score
I sorta like/don't like Neighbours. On the one hand, cover is cheap most of the time (esp Thurs for 80s night). On the other hand, the people there really ******* suck at dancing and it's being overrun by straight people nowadays. :p

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lol, we were saying how cool gay people dance... sorry for straighting up your clubs
blush.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by totally epic
Have you been to Stumbling Monk?
Of course... its all damp and basementy in there. I like it. I'd be there more often, but that place is full of commies, and the beer is somewhat pricey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads