• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures you can see they were, in some way, trying. Swap the ballistic nylon for rugged twill and it’s not a million miles from today’s roller, excluding today’s natty straps’n’buckles.

That said the “might as well...” label looks spectacularly out of place.

And I’m guessing very much not made in the least co-operative of the British Colonies.

I'm sure they were definitely trying, especially since this was released under the Mark Kurros Era, who gave us the Filson x Levis Trucker Jacket and was responsible for expanding Filson to Japan, so I can't hate on his bold attempt too much.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bick 4 took the edge off of the dryness of the strap, but more help is clearly needed :
Apiz38w.jpg

I got some Bick LP (I like their stuff, and the reviews were very favorable. The horse-people I know also speak highly of it) and spent some time really working it in. Did a quick pass on the bag-leather while the strap absorbed in the sun outside, then wiped everything down. Pix of results later, but there's a definite improvement. The strap definitely had a dry, against-the-grain scratchiness that's mainly gone now. Darker, of course, but I'm not really worried about that.

Definitely a less-is-more kind of thing :)

GzStudio

Reaction score
It is a skill I've developed over many years. LOL

Will post pics once in hand.

I will do the same. I believe a very special bag (it's tan and small) I sourced from a far away country is coming today.....bringing it back to the homeland...and maybe I will have a nice glass of whiskey while hitting the post reply button...

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will do the same. I believe a very special bag (it's tan and small) I sourced from a far away country is coming today.....bringing it back to the homeland...and maybe I will have a nice glass of whiskey while hitting the post reply button...
Nice! Headed to Chicago for a quick weekend getaway. Will be carrying the 48 hour (since I'll be there for 48 hours!)

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post Bick LP
pBTi05J.jpg

The grain/cracking you can see in the pix isn't quite as visible IRL, but something to keep an eye on. I'll probably keep my eye on eBay for a good deal on a new or used strap as a backup.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve finally joined TEAM SPORK. Mine is made from an anodized aircraft alloy. Note the scratches on the Twill and the small ziplock I’m using to prevent more of that going forward. It’s also to keep any nastiness from embedding itself into the Twill (considering it will be in the mouth eventually)

9C88C3A8-F895-40C2-A5DD-D37F563D7D60.jpeg

E0534A2A-1073-45FA-A51C-05DA4D93CD35.jpeg

17A32877-AC5B-4A4D-B665-46BD7ABE2721.jpeg

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was quite intriguing:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pete E

Reaction score
Gasp. You are going to eat your beloved Talon...???! Heresy, no less.

Good catch. For that I will be needing a solid knife and then I’m set. I’m thinking this beauty might be up to the task. My first solid knife I’m looking into. The wood Should patina wonderfully

View attachment 1032039 [/QUOTE]

The wood on the Linder Solingen Iltis Amboina version of that knife looks stunning!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was some talk here recently about Rimowa and more generally suitcases that have more character. I was looking at Pelican cases for this, and found the Pelican Air 615, which I liked (silver, black or a rather daring burnt orange)

C90882C1-7B61-4A91-9921-9CDC52ED6F5D.jpeg

However, I also found the Nanuk 960. It has a real rugged quality to it, and I think would look good with some dings and stickers. Very much not the run of the mill. Also available in several colours including an attractive (and Filson matching) Olive green.

D2DD5F63-FC56-41D2-B588-4B5D83EB23C8.jpeg

Not stupidly priced, and whilst not featherweight, not too bad at ~16 lbs. Has a neat mechanism to hold the lid open while packing/unpacking.
No pockets at all, so it’s packing cubes all the way, but I could see myself using one of these for long trips with checked luggage, with a 48hr or 256/257 or journeyman as carryon.

Anyone seen or own one?
80DD4981-1909-4A2F-9C9A-8D368EF4280E.jpeg

Last edited:

GzStudio

Reaction score
I’m a fan of pelican and have used the 1510 roller for the past 10 years. I mainly used it for photo equipment, but did use it once as a carryon for a trip to Alaska. I’ve seen a bunch in the airports, more than the expensive aluminum bricks actually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads