• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is an interesting list - several repeats of the same bag. Do you keep them in cars or at separate houses or something?
The medium and small field bags are used for things like: Fishing bag, tools and such for car, misc tool bag(s). I've found that the Filson bags are the right size for my needs, so why not just duplicate and use them.

sindrearg

Reaction score
A first edition Journeyman was just posted on eBay if some of you gents might be interested in grabbing it.

20211003_080211.png

20211003_080159.png

Bespoke49er

Reaction score
I’ll keep an eye out for you in my daily searches. Too bad you weren’t in the market when I had my Talon MTB, although that one was Otter Green (of course) :fonz: . There’s a couple for sale on eBay currently, but they’re either asking waaaaaaay too much or they’re in not the best condition.
Just out of curiosity, what’s “waaaaaay to much” for a Talon MTB (246) in OG?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what’s “waaaaaay to much” for a Talon MTB (246) in OG?

Personally anything over $450. I wouldn’t pay more then $350. I believe this one was commanding $799. So yeah...waaaaaay too much. Especially for its condition

Bespoke49er

Reaction score
Personally anything over $450. I wouldn’t pay more then $350. I believe this one was commanding $799. So yeah...waaaaaay too much. Especially for its condition
Yikes, $799! Thxs for the pricing lesson. In the past year I’ve picked up two 70246 bags. A 2013 in Navy & a 2012 in OG. Neither are Talon or YKK vintage, just strait Filson. The Navy bag was $200 but the OG was $350. Both were in great shape so I’m happy with them. They are in my travel rotation for short 2/3 day business trips and they work great. I’m now looking to “trade up” to either a Talon-era 246 or 248 LTB in OG if one becomes available. Sad I missed your offer a while back….

IVIozartsGhost

Reaction score
Current list of Filson bags:

256: tan (Talon), FRD blue & orange, FRD camo
257: tan (YKK), OG (YKK), navy, brown, Nanamica red, Nanamica blue, White Oak white,
24-hour briefcase OG
48-hour briefcase OG
Dawson leather briefcase
Medium field bag OG (Talon-era)
Small field bag brown suede & cow hide

Zippered Totes: tan (YKK), mackinaw red, cinder, Nanamica blue, FRD camo
Open Totes: Chessie tan, Hemlock green, Nanamica white, brown suede & cow hide

XL duffle tan (Talon)
Medium duffle Nanamica red
Dawson leather duffle

Vans rucksack
262 rucksack (tan)
Ranger backpack: OG, black
Journeyman backpack tan (3rd gen)
Tin cloth backpack OG
Bandera backpack mackinaw red
Dry backpack black

There's just a few that I'm not willing to part with, so if there is something you are interested in, send me a message.

WJR

Reaction score
I just purchased an Otter Green YKK era 248. My first foray into Otter Green after being Navy primarily and a tan 257.

Most likely a long shot, but wanted to ask if anyone had an Otter Green travel tray and small travel kit they would be willing to sell.

Thank you,

WJR

mikeman

Reaction score
Super grateful that I was able to find a journeyman!

But now I’m reading old posts about how the first and second gen are superior. Makes sense. As far as the twill vs tin cloth goes for most of the bag- doesn’t the tin cloth actually make more sense due to it being water repellent?
The one thing I do wish the 3rd gen had was the leather across the shoulder straps instead of the cloth.

Anyhow, where the heck can I find a second gen now?!:laugh:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an Otter Green YKK era 248. My first foray into Otter Green after being Navy primarily and a tan 257.

Most likely a long shot, but wanted to ask if anyone had an Otter Green travel tray and small travel kit they would be willing to sell.

Thank you,

WJR

Welcome to Team d'OG!! You will definitely appreciate the way it will patina. What was the build date?

Speaking of the No. 248. Of course it's not labeled properly and the leather does look a bit chewed on, but my God this is a fine example of an early Otter Green Talon Era

248-A.PNG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads