• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
Finally, a rainy day! ☔

20211001_092148.jpg 20211001_092204.jpg 20211001_092223.jpg 20211001_092814.jpg 20211001_092402.jpg

WJR

Reaction score
No 246 but I have a Small Pullman and a Large Carryon (242). Let me know on either.

Thank you, I am very tempted by the Pullman but holding out for a 246 at the present time.

WJR

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I am very tempted by the Pullman but holding out for a 246 at the present time.

WJR

I’ll keep an eye out for you in my daily searches. Too bad you weren’t in the market when I had my Talon MTB, although that one was Otter Green (of course) :fonz: . There’s a couple for sale on eBay currently, but they’re either asking waaaaaaay too much or they’re in not the best condition.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I first thought I would pass on these even though I’m a hunter and the motif is right up my alley. But, Tinman saw these in person and said they are waxed enough to make the fabric different feeling. So, now I’m looking forward to touching one next Thursday when I’ll be at the store.
I'll be in Dallas in about 10 days for a week and plan on heading to the Filson store down there. Funny how it's become a destination when I travel!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mistersock - for what it’s worth - I’m in the UK, and use my medium field bag a lot. Well worth the spend. And, I know the Filson European market pretty well. It’s tiny, and overpriced new, and rare secondhand. A USD deal plus shipping will be a pretty good outcome, and I’ll vouch for @mgrennier as a stand up guy.
Thanks Speedy. I'm just a stand-up guy with too many Filson bags. Did a little inventory last night:
- 256 Original brief (tan)
- 257 briefcase (tan)
- 232 Medium field bag (willing to sell) (tan)
- 48 hour bag (green)
- Heritage Sportsman (tan/orange)
- Small Pullman (willing to sell) (tan)
- 242 Large Carry-On (willing to sell) (tan)
- Medium Dry Duffle (green)
- Grab-and-Go Tin Cloth Duffle - (tan)
- Workshop Utility Tote Bag (green)
- Oil Finish Rucksack (green)
- Filson Nylon travel kit (dopp kit) (rust)
- Filson x Magnum Harvey Messenger bag (my latest purchase - just acquired this week) (green)

So, um, yeah. I officially have too many Filson bags. I'm probably missing one or two. Who needs one of those that I'm selling? C'mon people, I need to clear out some inventory!

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Speedy. I'm just a stand-up guy with too many Filson bags. Did a little inventory last night:
- 256 Original brief (tan)
- 257 briefcase (tan)
- 232 Medium field bag (willing to sell) (tan)
- 48 hour bag (green)
- Heritage Sportsman (tan/orange)
- Small Pullman (willing to sell) (tan)
- 242 Large Carry-On (willing to sell) (tan)
- Medium Dry Duffle (green)
- Grab-and-Go Tin Cloth Duffle - (tan)
- Workshop Utility Tote Bag (green)
- Oil Finish Rucksack (green)
- Filson Nylon travel kit (dopp kit) (rust)
- Filson x Magnum Harvey Messenger bag (my latest purchase - just acquired this week) (green)

So, um, yeah. I officially have too many Filson bags. I'm probably missing one or two. Who needs one of those that I'm selling? C'mon people, I need to clear out some inventory!
Ok, we haven’t played this for a while. Me, in approx equal mix of tan and OG:
Rolling duffle
Xl outfitter
Original pullman
261 tote
Ranger x2 (one for sale)
Tin cloth tote
Small travel kit /Dopp
Plus a bunch of clothes.

edit: plus nanamica 261 tote that my wife stole.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, we haven’t played this for a while. Me, in approx equal mix of tan and OG:
Rolling duffle
Xl outfitter
Original pullman
261 tote
Ranger x2 (one for sale)
Tin cloth tote
Small travel kit /Dopp
Plus a bunch of clothes.

edit: plus nanamica 261 tote that my wife stole.

Mine’s easy:

My “Famous” Talon 257
260 (selling)
Style 16 Forestry Cruiser
Stanley x Filson Flask
Otter Green Ultralight Vest

Sold recently/semi-recently:

Journeyman
MTB
Rugged Twill Hat
Mackinaw Cruiser

Hopefully acquiring soon:

Otter Green Talon 258

singjai

Reaction score
@OtterMeanGreen i do recall you were looking for an OG large travel bag. I see a NWT that popped up on eBay, bid only unfortunately. if you’re still looking, YKK era. Pretty rare to see one of those.

Here’s my list..
257 briefcase - Filson/YKK era tan
257 briefcase - talon OG
220 flapless duffle - tan
220 duffle - talon OG
261 tote - talon OG
261 tote - NWT talon tan (might sell or might use)
261 tote - blue nanamica (convinced my GF to take it
236 medium outfitter - talon tan
Journeyman - gen 1 navy
Filson x vans rucksack
Filson x Levi’s jacket
Unlined short cruiser

didn’t realize how bad it looked with these duplicates until writing it down lol

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OtterMeanGreen i do recall you were looking for an OG large travel bag. I see a NWT that popped up on eBay, bid only unfortunately. if you’re still looking, YKK era. Pretty rare to see one of those.

Here’s my list..
257 briefcase - Filson/YKK era tan
257 briefcase - talon OG
220 flapless duffle - tan
220 duffle - talon OG
261 tote - talon OG
261 tote - NWT talon tan (might sell or might use)
261 tote - blue nanamica (convinced my GF to take it
236 medium outfitter - talon tan
Journeyman - gen 1 navy
Filson x vans rucksack
Filson x Levi’s jacket
Unlined short cruiser

didn’t realize how bad it looked with these duplicates until writing it down lol

Thanks for remembering and for the shout! I actually am no longer searching for one. I was gonna use it as a trunk bag and as of course a travel bag (all in one type of deal). However i decided against it because there’s no way I could ever leave it in a 120 degree car over the summer.

Wouldn’t you know it, as soon as I stopped searching they started popping up in droves on eBay. I even had to pass on my dream LTB, a Talon Otter Green :confused:

However I am now searching for something nearly as equally rare, a Talon Otter Green 258 in well preserved condition. Building the ultimate Range Bag to last a lifetime.

mistersock

Reaction score
@mistersock - for what it’s worth - I’m in the UK, and use my medium field bag a lot. Well worth the spend. And, I know the Filson European market pretty well. It’s tiny, and overpriced new, and rare secondhand. A USD deal plus shipping will be a pretty good outcome, and I’ll vouch for @mgrennier as a stand up guy.
USD+shipping would be a good outcome, but I have to consider import taxes and stuff to good ol' Germany. The government takes a pretty good piece of cake if I'm importing as a private person.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m just going to list my bags that get rotated, because this could get completely ridiculous. @mgrennier I applaud your decision to move on the bags that get light use!

Denim 256
FRD 260
Weatherproof 256
Weatherproof Journeyman
Tan Medium Duffle
Tin Cloth Pistol Case
Talon Tan 261
A handful of pouches/wallets
Rugged Twill Cooler
Flapless Tan Small Duffle
Tin Cloth G’n’G tote in Mossy Oak Print
YKK OG Rolling Carry On

I have a bunch more “collection” bags that might or might not get moved at some point but these seem to be my mainstays.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Compared to you guys, I don't have many Filson bags
Twill 256
Twill medium field bags (x2)
Twill 24 hr bag
Navy 24 hr bag
Navy medium field bag
Twill small field bags (x3)
compact fishing waist pack (best thing I've ever found to hold dog treats and "clean up" plastic bags)

All are in use in one form or another.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compared to you guys, I don't have many Filson bags
Twill 256
Twill medium field bags (x2)
Twill 24 hr bag
Navy 24 hr bag
Navy medium field bag
Twill small field bags (x3)
compact fishing waist pack (best thing I've ever found to hold dog treats and "clean up" plastic bags)

All are in use in one form or another.
This is an interesting list - several repeats of the same bag. Do you keep them in cars or at separate houses or something?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads