• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also this Gucci Jordaans. Thoughts?

the details look right to me. That would be a lot of trouble to go through for a counterfeit shoe. I’m not even sure shoes are an item worth knocking off. A lot easier to take a cheap $5 shirt and pass it off as Gucci with nothing more than a hastily sewn on label.

adrianite

Reaction score
the details look right to me. That would be a lot of trouble to go through for a counterfeit shoe. I’m not even sure shoes are an item worth knocking off. A lot easier to take a cheap $5 shirt and pass it off as Gucci with nothing more than a hastily sewn on label.

Thank you! I hear ya. ? I've seen Gucci loafer fakes that are sold for a very low price and being passed on as "authentic". Which is a very telling sign, and also because they are a bit popular lately. The Prada pumps that I posted though are a bit of an old design so I thought that would have less chance of being duped.

adrianite

Reaction score

Do you reckon this Jordaan loafers are legit, or would there any other thing that I can check? They don't have the receipt and the box, apparently, it was just given to them as a gift.

RichardLiam

Reaction score
Please revert to images and advise on whether this Thom Browne is authentic. Thanks for the help.

IMG_4727.jpg
IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I’d argue that the retail is overinflated and at that price, somewhere around $135 here stateside, not exactly a bargain.

You can get a quality OCBD from Kamakura shirts for $80-90

Reaction score
Anyone know if the below item is legit? I can't find any original sales/stock photos of the item anywhere online. Seller has good ratings, but carries a suspiciously high number of RL purple label items. Item seems too unique to counterfeit, but I've been seeing more and more niche fakes out there. The item is priced super high, so I would welcome the wisdom of the crowds on this (particularly if you can share any more details about the season or provide original stock images to help prove it's real).

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone know if the below item is legit? I can't find any original sales/stock photos of the item anywhere online. Seller has good ratings, but carries a suspiciously high number of RL purple label items. Item seems too unique to counterfeit, but I've been seeing more and more niche fakes out there. The item is priced super high, so I would welcome the wisdom of the crowds on this (particularly if you can share any more details about the season or provide original stock images to help prove it's real).

Authentic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads