• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Aanncc

Reaction score
I purchased this coat and the seller said she purchased it at Harrod's many years ago. I know the plaid pattern is obviously different, but I've read that some liners can be customized. It has a detachable wool liner. Is it authentic? Thanks!

Attachments

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased this coat and the seller said she purchased it at Harrod's many years ago. I know the plaid pattern is obviously different, but I've read that some liners can be customized. It has a detachable wool liner. Is it authentic? Thanks!
Authentic. Nice piece, love the old Burberry trenches

Aanncc

Reaction score
Authentic. Nice piece, love the old Burberry trenches
Hi ! Thank you. I'm sure I'll need to get a certificate of authenticity because it's not the typical Burberry pattern. I've searched online and can't find anything similar to this piece. Do you think she just had it custom made or is there a name for it? I paid $75, hoping it was authentic but I started doubting it when I started looking for the pattern

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi ! Thank you. I'm sure I'll need to get a certificate of authenticity because it's not the typical Burberry pattern. I've searched online and can't find anything similar to this piece. Do you think she just had it custom made or is there a name for it? I paid $75, hoping it was authentic but I started doubting it when I started looking for the pattern
Burberry did a lot of different patterns and check colors for their liners over the years. Not custom, not a common pattern but I’ve seen it before

Yashahits

Reaction score
Hello!
Could you tell me please if my Dior Oblique Nylon Cap is fake or not.
Recieved is as present and they assured me it was bought in a Dior boutique.
Thank you very much!

@kbadgley84
Thanks!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
^if it’s a gift, what does it matter.

And who the hell gives a gift and then assures the recipient of that gift, that the item is genuine and purchased from a boutique?

Yashahits

Reaction score
^if it’s a gift, what does it matter.

And who the hell gives a gift and then assures the recipient of that gift, that the item is genuine and purchased from a boutique?
I does matter. I can't afford to wear fake Dior. No I am just asked if it is real or not, because I know my Uncle:)
And this not the question.

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
^you can’t afford to wear fake Dior? Afraid the tabloids will hit you hard for it?

Yashahits

Reaction score
Sorry dude. I vote fake. I’d take your listing down if I were you. Dior wouldn’t allow something with that sloppy of stitching leave their factory. Also I think the pattern on the bill should be reversed.
Yes man, agree with you!
But I have another Dior hat that is 100% legit, I bought it by myself.
Look at the stitches:)

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.