• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

BiKi Orleans

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!

Bought a Gianni Versace Couture blazer at a steal...but i'd still love to know if it's authentic...

here's the label (inner, right side - no inner pocket though)

and here's the composition tag/care label - by alias (80s? 90s?)

the lining has versace's signature medusa head all over, it is a single button blazer and the button's made of plastic with versace engraved on it

it's a steal (dirt cheap) so if it's fake it's no biggie...but i'll be ecstatic if i found out that i've got the real deal!! :)

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is This A Real Z Zegna Suit? Need Authenticity approval

Ait's real...........most probably picked up from an outlet and so the tag has been marked with that line.

Why not ask the seller if you have doubts?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy New Year everyone!

Bought a Gianni Versace Couture blazer at a steal...but i'd still love to know if it's authentic...
here's the label (inner, right side - no inner pocket though)
and here's the composition tag/care label - by alias (80s? 90s?)
the lining has versace's signature medusa head all over, it is a single button blazer and the button's made of plastic with versace engraved on it
it's a steal (dirt cheap) so if it's fake it's no biggie...but i'll be ecstatic if i found out that i've got the real deal!! :)

Real. 90's I believe. Ask Spoo.
Welcome to Styleforum.

Last edited:

BiKi Orleans

Reaction score
Real. 90's I believe. Ask Spoo.
Welcome to Styleforum.

wow.gif
i'm so darn lucky! i know someone who would die to have this jacket!
Thank you, Man Of Lint!

SailorS15

Reaction score
Last edited:

pnewelljr

Reaction score
Paul Smith Wallet Real?
I was wondering if anyone could let me know if they think this wallet is real or not? I payed about 160ish usd for it. I bought it in Japan. It says made in Italy on the box and on the wallet itself. I have never had a Paul Smith wallet before. It does smell like leather, but it is not a strong smell. There is also something weird at the credit card area, but maybe that is normal for this type of wallet. Thanks for any comments.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's real...........most probably picked up from an outlet and so the tag has been marked with that line.
Why not ask the seller if you have doubts?

Yeh that's normally done with seconds or rejects, stops people taking garments back to the stores, claiming they're defective.

HolidayDoc

Reaction score
Gianni Versace Couture blazer - fake or not?!
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum and came across it when doing an online search regarding GV Couture.
The reason for it is, that I've bought a Gianni Versace Couture blazer off ebay.
Regarding the pics in the auction everything seemed to be fine which means that in my opinion it was typically Versace's style, the close up pics were decent and the seller had a good ranking.

Now that the blazer has arrived at my door, I'm not so sure anymore that it is authentic.
The blazer really looks nice but beside the fact that it does not fit - it is an European 48 in contrast to European 50 claimed by the vendor - the Gianni Versace Couture Label inside the blazer has not been fixed with real great care and looks a bit sloppy and also the inner lining - though some parts of the blazer seem to be hand made - has some weak spots at the bottom for what stitching to the blazer itself is concerned.

As said before, it really looks nice but I expected a blazer that would knock me off my feet regarding the construction level and materials used but in fact - at least in my opinion - it is not enough to be a Couture suit...

Further there aren't any production or care instruction labels inside the blazer. The seller mentioned it in his auction und explained that it was used as and in fact is a runway sample during NY's fashion week so I did not do any further investigation but now I'm quite concerned if it's a fake or not.

Since the seller does not offer any refund I would like to sell the blazer, especially since it does not fit... but only if I can honestly claim that it is not a fake but real GV couture line...

Would be really great if someone could help to clear things up a little!

This is the link to the auction where you can find detailed pics of the blazer. Hope that helps!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/160724567204?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thanks in advance,

With best Regards,

Michael

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive seen that "made in italy" tag on some other suit brands. If you find out who makes the suits for Versace couture and match that label you can find your answer. You see that tag on some of the suits/coats in C21, i cant really remember the brands though. That is a really scary looking blazer btw.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This looks authentic, but don't be mistaken, this is from FW98 or FW99. Now, Gianni Versace couture is made by Zegna to near couture standards. However, back in the late 90s when this blazer was from, Gianni Versace black label couture (one step up from the white label with the same font) was made by their factory "Alias". The black label was made by Inco, FWIW. Is it authentic? From the pictures I can see, most definitely. However GV couture blazers from that period usually go for about $250 or so. Very best of luck with it.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This looks authentic, but don't be mistaken, this is from FW98 or FW99. Now, Gianni Versace couture is made by Zegna to near couture standards. However, back in the late 90s when this blazer was from, Gianni Versace black label couture (one step up from the white label with the same font) was made by their factory "Alias". The black label was made by Inco, FWIW. Is it authentic? From the pictures I can see, most definitely. However GV couture blazers from that period usually go for about $250 or so. Very best of luck with it.

If spoo is correct in what he's saying (he probably is), then you can probably return it. How can an item be NWOT if it's 15 years old?

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If spoo is correct in what he's saying (he probably is), then you can probably return it. How can an item be NWOT if it's 15 years old?

Probably inferred NWOT - i.e. worn X amount of times but in such good condition the seller was being naughty by listing it as such. I have seen NWT stuff that was clearly at least 10 years old.

HolidayDoc

Reaction score
Hi Spoo,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback regarding the blazer.

What do you think of the fact, that there aren't any production or care instruction tags inside of the blazer?!
Could this one really be a sample piece for a runway show as mentioned by the seller? Does Versace normally do any sample pieces for runway shows?!

Having the blazer in my hands it really seems to be NWT, there is nothing which points out that it has really been worn... which is also a little strange since the blazer is more or less already 15 years old, regarding your answer... ;-(

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads