• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F.....U..... Mabitex

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
So were are up to what, seven of us that have had this happen?

Has anyone experienced the problem beyond the initial wear? Wondering if I can feel safe if they survive a few initial squats, or if I must live in constant fear when wearing Mabitex.

This is a really good question. I purchased three pairs of pants from a local shop, that I suspect are made in the same factories with the same materials that Mabitex uses. All three were the same size, cut and fabric, in different colors. One ripped the very first time I sat in them. The others have survived about a dozen wears each. I suspect that their QC lets a few horrible lemons through, but the good ones are good.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First pair: I bend over to close my dogs' crate, and I hear rip. There was no resistance whatsoever - it seemed that the stitching wasn't finished properly.

Second pair: Stitching comes undone when I sit in my office chair and bend forward a bit to grab a paper off my desk. Only a small seam split, but again, no resistance whatsoever.

I bought these two recently. But I have 10 other pair that have had no problem whatsoever despite repeated wearing and laundering.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In fairness to Mabitex, is it possible so many ended up in the discount bin because they were seconds culled because of QC concerns? Quite a few had spots, etc., IIRC. Did we ever determine where they were coming from before Daffy's?

Also, has anyone had rips in pairs not from Daffy's/SF?

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Stop looking at photos, and start wearing this **** in real life, and you'll learn in a hurry. 1/2 the suggested fits on SF would not allow the person to SIT in an office chair.

True SFers don't sit in office chairs. They vogue in office chairs!
cool.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
In fairness to Mabitex, is it possible so many ended up in the discount bin because they were seconds culled because of QC concerns? Quite a few had spots, etc., IIRC. Did we ever determine where they were coming from before Daffy's?

That's what I figure - they're @ Daffy's because they're seconds. Though frankly, as I noted, can't be beat for $15.00.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Second pair: Stitching comes undone when I sit in my office chair and bend forward a bit to grab a paper off my desk. Only a small seam split, but again, no resistance whatsoever.

This happened to me too, while reaching for a cup of coffee. I busted out the Bernina and mended the **** out of them.

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
This happened to me too, while reaching for a cup of coffee. I busted out the Bernina and mended the **** out of them.

Well, the few I have are pretty tight fitting.....very form fitting.......you can tell I'm circumcised for instance.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday

This is what I have always assumed. Plus, I wonder if there is a counterfeit market for these type of pants. I bought a pair sometime ago when the hype was on, and frankly it looks like someone just stitched a mabitex tag on some normal looking, albeit slim, pants.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 997CTSurg
Well, the few I have are pretty tight fitting.....very form fitting.......you can tell I'm circumcised for instance.

Yep! These were not the nut-hugger cut, though. My wife agreed they had plenty of room in the seat/crotch. Like Lufty said, there was no resistance, and I wasn't stretching them or anything. If I had to guess, I'd say the asscrack seam wasn't backstiched, and there was nothing really keeping the thread from just sliding out of the stitch-holes.

eztantz

Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

Finally happened to me as well.

I purchased 2 pairs of the cotton/linen blend last Friday and was wearing them for the first time today.

Got about 7 hours in to the day but as I got into my car for the second time r......iiiiiiiii......p
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Mine however ripped in the seat of the pants but not all the way up the crack about a 5 inch rip starting about 3 inches from the nutsac.

This is my 3rd pair of Mabi's first 2 were ok though so I'm kinda
confused.gif

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm done with Mabitex. Every time I put them on I spend all day worrying that the ass seam is going to split.

Don't want to venture off topic but haven't found this answer. How does Panta compare? I don't mind spending the money if they're better fit and no seam ripping.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricky
I think I'm done with Mabitex. Every time I put them on I spend all day worrying that the ass seam is going to split.

Don't want to venture off topic but haven't found this answer. How does Panta compare? I don't mind spending the money if they're better fit and no seam ripping.

Mabitex have a lot more variation than Panta, so it's a bit of a strange comparison. That said, Pantas generally have a bigger seat than Mabitex. Whether that's good for you depends on how big your ass is.

eztantz

Reaction score
Am I wasting my time bringing my Mabi's to be restitched along the seam? I mean, if there is not enough room for the pants to give when I sit down on a low seat (such as my car) they are probably gonna just rip apart at the crotch seams once again.

Anybody care to share their experience after resewing the Mabi's - has it helped or did they split apart again?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eztantz
Am I wasting my time bringing my Mabi's to be restitched along the seam? I mean, if there is not enough room for the pants to give when I sit down on a low seat (such as my car) they are probably gonna just rip apart at the crotch seams once again.

Anybody care to share their experience after resewing the Mabi's - has it helped or did they split apart again?

Mine didn;t split because of insufficient room. It seemed as if there was no tacking stiching at all - they came apart without any resistance at all.

eztantz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Mine didn;t split because of insufficient room. It seemed as if there was no tacking stiching at all - they came apart without any resistance at all.

Not sure what you mean by tacking stitching, I was under the impression that tacking is a temporary stitch. Are you saying that there was no stitching along the seams at all?
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads