• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F.....U..... Mabitex

sjg22

Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of Mabitex; 3 wool and 1 cotton. I've worn the wool pairs 50+ times combined - no problems whatsoever, fantastic pants. I've worn the cotton pair 3 times; twice I've split them down the side seam picking something up. They fit the same as the other pants; not impressed at all. I think I'm going to adopt your remedy and have my tailor double reinforce the side seams.

Twice in three wears!!!

UncleCozy

Reaction score
I had a pair of Incotexes do this to me whilst on a thrifting run. Bent down to go through the stupid tie-basket, loud tearing sound from the seam. :-(

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damnit, man. Even the ones on eBay are coming pre-butt-ripped these days:

eBay said:
Here's a great pair of cotton Mabitex trousers! So, uh, funny story with these — I bought them new, took them in to get the inseam hemmed, and not 60 seconds after I pulled them on for the first time the next morning, I bent down and the seat split. At least it happened at home....

:fu: :fu: :fu:

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you guys having the same issue with Incotex from Daffy's?

I recently had a mega blowout on a nice pair of Incotex from Daffys. IT saddened me of course but I immediately thought about this thread. At least it provided endless luz for my family. :embarassed:

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by dcg
So were are up to what, seven of us that have had this happen? Has anyone experienced the problem beyond the initial wear? Wondering if I can feel safe if they survive a few initial squats, or if I must live in constant fear when wearing Mabitex.
I don't recommend squatting in Mabitex. Unless you are maxing out, then it would kind of operate like a bench shirt would and help you lift more weight
laugh.gif
I was squatting to check out a product on a lower part of the shelf while wearing Panta pants from Ed and it still ripped. But it was the material ripping not the seams which sucks way more. My takeaway is that slim fit + squatting is not meant for wool dress pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads