• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

F.....U..... Mabitex

amadar

Reaction score
I purchased a few Mabitex cotton trousers about a month ago from a seller here on the b/s. Finally got around to taking them to my tailor to get hemmed, and this morning took my maiden voyage in a pair of them while running some errands. This is what happened when I bent down to pick up a letter I had dropped in the middle of the post office:
WTF!?!?! Let me first state that: 1) I am not "big" and wasn't trying to squeeze into a pair of Mabi's I had no business trying to wear. 2) This has never, EVER happened to me before 3) I wasn't trying to do lunges while in line at the post office, just a simple bend down to pick something up 3) I like slimmer fitting pants, but not "nuthuggers", and as such I erred on the side of caution and these Mabitex were on the roomier side of what is typically offered on the b/s. I was under the impression that Mabitex were quality pants. Is this just an anomaly in quality or.production, or should I just stay away from Mabitex altogether?

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but

J.T. Thunderbird

Reaction score

grit

Reaction score
the pants kind of look like they are saying "
"

OakCliff

Reaction score
I've had similar problems with side seams on Mabitex cotton trousers, but nothing obscene like this. At least a tailor can easily fix a split seam. Overall, the quality of the construction isn't good.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HAHA

I happen to be in the camp that fits Mabitex perfectlyyyy. I <3 them. Sucks you cant wear them. That is hysterical though thats a big blowout

amadar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grit
the pants kind of look like they are saying "
"

Agreed, thats why I felt I had to put the picture in for good measure. Life isn't fun if you can't laugh at yourself once in a while. Although, I must say, I wasn't laughing when the ridiculously hot girl 2 people in front of me offered to give her spot in line to me since I apparently "needed to get out of there before she did"............FML

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I more reason to avoid this brand alltogeather

droy

Reaction score
By chance were you eating Taco Bell prior to the blowout...
sorry, couldn't help myself.

...sorry for the failure. I do believe I'll be sticking to BC or LP on my next khaki purchase.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.