1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

F.....U..... Mabitex

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amadar, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

Let er rip.....[​IMG]

Regards.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I love caption contests.

"StyleForum presents the iGent RealDoll"

3. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Mabitex and Incotex are the biggest fraud in SF. Low quality, inconsistent cuts, Daffy's sell them for $30 apiece for a reason. Too many SFers subscribe to this groupthink.

* I bought 2 inco and 1 mabi. And all three are lemons one way or the other.

[​IMG] Im sorry I dont see it. You can't find better quality 100% wool pants in a slim-fit for $50. Please show me where you can find lined, split-waistband, pick-stitching flannel pants for that price.

4. tone76

tone76 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That photo has 'potential meme' written all over it. Perhaps it's the somewhat Goatse-like quality of the damage?

5. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

6. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

GOATSE

EDIT: tone76 beat me to it

7. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

8. onix

onix Senior member

[​IMG] Im sorry I dont see it. You can't find better quality 100% wool pants in a slim-fit for $50. Please show me where you can find lined, split-waistband, pick-stitching flannel pants for that price.
    - What do split waistband and pick-stitching do for you? - All wool/flannel pants I've seen are lined. - Construction: see OP - Materials: Nothing special, the same with many department store brands out there. They're worth $30. The best for $30. But not the price they got sold for here on B&S. I

9. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

10. DStew

DStew Well-Known Member

I purchased a few Mabitex cotton trousers about a month ago from a seller here on the b/s. Finally got around to taking them to my tailor to get hemmed, and this morning took my maiden voyage in a pair of them while running some errands. This is what happened when I bent down to pick up a letter I had dropped in the middle of the post office: WTF!?!?! Let me first state that: 1) I am not "big" and wasn't trying to squeeze into a pair of Mabi's I had no business trying to wear. 2) This has never, EVER happened to me before 3) I wasn't trying to do lunges while in line at the post office, just a simple bend down to pick something up 3) I like slimmer fitting pants, but not "nuthuggers", and as such I erred on the side of caution and these Mabitex were on the roomier side of what is typically offered on the b/s. I was under the impression that Mabitex were quality pants. Is this just an anomaly in quality or.production, or should I just stay away from Mabitex altogether?
    That Sucks man. Not sure it would crack my top 5 "most embarrassing things to happen to me in clothes" but its frustrating none the less.

11. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

That's hilarious. But a tailor could fix that for $5.

12. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

A photo of what you look like in other pants is required to assess (pardon the pun) whether this is bad craftsmanship or the pants simply weren't suppose to be on you.

Also, the title of the thread is misleading. Looks like Mabitex F'd you. In the butthole.

13. apropos

apropos Senior member

- What do split waistband and pick-stitching do for you?
    - All wool/flannel pants I've seen are lined.
    - Construction: see OP
    - Materials: Nothing special, the same with many department store brands out there.

They're worth $30. The best for $30. But not the price they got sold for here on B&S.
    I

+1

14. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] mabitex [​IMG] hahahahahaha

15. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

HAHA [​IMG] [​IMG]

I happen to be in the camp that fits Mabitex perfectlyyyy. I <3 them. Sucks you cant wear them. That is hysterical though thats a big blowout

Where did he say he could not wear them? I read his post and he seemed to be fitting in them just fine.

Mike

16. Felix Krull

Felix Krull Senior member

Hope that wasn't the day you tried going commando! [​IMG]

17. landshark

landshark Senior member

Hopefully you were wearing your SF-approved length sport coat with these so you could cover it up.

18. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Taco Tuesday is not to be mocked

19. NORE

NORE Senior member

Sorry, but [​IMG]

This

20. Nataku

Nataku Senior member