• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ex lied about being pregnant! thanks for all your help.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deranged
I told 1 good luck with life and taking care of the kid by herself. I told her i wasn't going to have anything to do with her. I'm not going to throw away my life for some irrational, emotional girl that i only dated for 4 weeks.
If i was with her for a year, two years, sure, I'll man up and stick it out for the kid. But this is a 4 week fling.

I realized i have been too nice to her. By talking with her on the phone and seeing her to talk this over, i might have given her hope that i will stick around once the child is born, which may sway her in not getting the abortion. Now I have to be firm and make her realize how hard this is going to be. I haven't seen her/ignored her since the break up and this may be a way for her to get my attention.

She is not religious, she is not against abortions, and neither is her mom. She has the choice to have the kid or not. She is not being rational at all.

I told her not to call me unless she changes her mind.
I deleted her off facebook and will try to cut ties with her. This thing has been consuming me and I think i'm just going to focus on school and ignore it. The decision is out of my hands...
It's all up to her. If she calls me in 9 months to inform me that a child is born, so be it.

I'm not going to communicate with her. I told her only reason she should call me is to talk about the abortion.

This is disgusting. what the hell man?

SHE JUST CALLED.
SHE'S NOT KEEPING IT!

i think i called her bluff by telling her if she keeps it i'm never seeing her/ talking to her ever again.

She's going to talk to her mom again and they're going to either go on monday or wednesday to get it done.
It's not over until is over. Women on hormones cannot be trusted to keep their words.
Pray for me guys that she will go through with it.
I will update you all as i get more info.

thank you all for your comments.

p.s. i love you metrostyles

You are lucky.

I suggested this, but she wants to go with her mom.
She just called me and she said she's going to do it today.

I'm thinking more and more that she was never prego to start with and was playing me this whole time.
How can you do a 180 within 30 minutes and then decide to go to a clinic to get it done within the hour?

I never actually saw her take the prego test. She told me she took the first one. She dropped the second one i bought for her in the toilet by "accident" when i wanted her to take one in front of me. we bought a third one and she "couldn't pee" anymore. She used the third one at home and sent me a grainy picture of it saying pregnant.

There was no actual proof that she ever was prego. She could have been a good actress and just pretended to sound distressed so i would stay on the phone with her for hours.

She told me not to tell anyone about this, not even her friends... wouldn't she have at least went to her friends for advice? She texts me all happy and tells me "Haha you hamster, you owe me your life now =p". that's not someone who is about to get an abortion sounds like.

This whole pregnancy thing only started once she found out i was dating someone else...

Am i reading too much into this? I'm tempted to call her friends and ask if she's the type that would fabricate a story like this, but i won't do it until she supposedly gets her abortion.

There's no need to be a dick. If she was ******* with you, who cares? she's "got an abortion", it's over.

be nice.

i'm not going to contact her once i find out that she's gotten the abortion.
she just txt me and told me she is on her way to the doctor's by herself.
she doesn't live with her mom and she said its too much of a hassle to get her mom to come all the way down to toronto and she wants it done asap....

how should i get proof? should i ask her for a doctor's note?

edit: i offered to go with her, but she wants to do it herself.

are you serious? no matter how crazy clingy she is she can't force you to ******** with her again, she can't screw you anymore. Just be nice and support her if she just went through an abortion.

should i confront her or just ignore her after she says she's done with the abortion?
what if she was actually pregnant? that would make me a huge dick. should i take the chance?

Why would you confront her?

Milpool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
(3) Nobody is saying he should keep the baby or not, or "man up" and marry her. However, the recommendations have ranged from hilarious to criminal.

I thought crystal meth suggestion was hilariously criminal. Can't believe someone took it seriously. I guess obvious troll wasn't obvious.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milpool
I thought crystal meth suggestion was hilariously criminal. Can't believe someone took it seriously. I guess obvious troll wasn't obvious.

Uh, he's referring to (among other things) fleeing the country, which was entirely serious.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
There also might be a slim possibility that she's insane and self conscious and jealous of your new woman, as well as vindictive over the fact that you want nothing to do with her anymore...and she's stretching the truth/making up her pregnancy scare just to see your reaction. I've heard of this happening.

+1.

I've seen this happen on many occasions as well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^pro-life dudes gettin all worked up

/threak

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^pro-life dudes gettin all worked up

/threak

wtf are you talking about? The people most upset at the OP explicitly said they were pro-choice.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I don't think anyone who posted in here so far has actually been pro-life. Just pro-notbeingadouchebag.

stfu

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
The fact of the matter is that two mostly irresponsible people made a mistake that, in the end, regardless of whose fault it was, was a mistake. Some people choose to keep their mistakes and end up being better for it, but some people would end up worse for wear if they made the same choice, which is how I think the OP and his ex would have ended up. While I do think there are certain guys here who are naive in their thoughts about abortion, and have an almost non existent consideration for many of the women they sleep with (or at least front that way on Styleforum), I don't think they're necessarily disgusting assholes. Male bravado aside, it's realistic that many (men AND women) would support the OP's desire for an abortion. I don't think it matters what forum a situation like this is discussed in, there will still be the two sides arguing for or against. It just so happens that this is a predominantly male forum, and so there are predicted machismo responses.
You are missing the point. The question is not whether or not this girl should get an abortion (I don't think anyone here thinks she shouldn't). The issue is whether the OP should man up and take care of his kid if the girl decides to keep it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^pro-life dudes gettin all worked up /threak
Fuuma, rach and I hold pro-life vigils outside the local abortionist (may God strike him down) each Friday. You can come if you like.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
pm directions

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
As far as her odd texts go, there is a potential chance that she is really stressed and trying to make light of it. If she actually is pregnant, and actually is getting an abortion, she probably needs all of the support that she can get. Her choice of having him not come is kinda sketchy, but she may just want some privacy while she deals with this. That being the case, it's a really **** bag thing to bail on her. But, that's not part of the information we're given, and I have both a friend and a familiar acquaintance who have been through similar situations that were girls trying to simply postpone a breakup, leaving me biased toward believing the OP.

Did I miss anything major?

I'm still here for her as if she had an abortion. i'm just not going to give her anything that even comes close to being a mixed signal after this is over. I want to realize that i do not ever want to date her/ see her. I'm going to be friendly until this process is done.

Originally Posted by forsbergacct2000
Wow. OP, if you are not a troll, you are certainly someone I'm glad I don't know and won't ever know.

By the way, if she has the kid, you will pay child support unless she gives it up for adoption, no matter what bizarre idea someone tries to give you here. Quite frankly, maybe paying it will cause you to grow up.

Honestly, I give it 90% that you are trolling. If not, I feel sorry for you. If you are, I feel sorry for you.

This isn't funny.

Have at me.

Of course this is not funny. I've been stressing about it for the past 3 days. I wouldn't waste all this time to make up something to entertain myself, midterm exams are coming up in a week!

Originally Posted by hendrix
You are lucky.
There's no need to be a dick. If she was ******* with you, who cares? she's "got an abortion", it's over.
be nice.

I've realized that there is no point bringing any of my suspicions up. Either way, i'm happy i lucked out and I will take it and run with it.

Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I have been reading this thread since yesterday, and I'm so amazed at some of the posts. To the OP, I hope you will never ******** again.
sex will definitely happen again, but i will be careful to never put myself in this type of situation again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads