• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ex lied about being pregnant! thanks for all your help.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
No offense brah, but you are old.
smile.gif
You have the grouchiness to prove it.

I may be grouchy, but I am never a repulsive prick like some of these people here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
You boys are some sad, sleazy sacks of ****.

What the **** is wrong with you?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Yes, a sad failure. : (

Glad to see some sane people showing up.

While I was around the American embassy discretely evacuated US humanitarian workers in the North due to some AQ menace. I dunno if you've read TourÃ
00a9.png
's (the Malian president) declarations but there is a huge security/national border issue going on here. No one can effectively patrol the desert, the militant groups mainly come from outside (Maghreb) but they operate in less policed countries like Mali and the gov, while not linked to religious fanaticism, is unwilling and unable to counter these problems without the help from neighboring countries.

saorry for the thread derail

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Why would you use macallan's post (who the **** is that moron anyway?) about what I supposedly said (but didn't) and present it as a case of me putting words in your mouth? All I said was that you had near zero understanding of how such a situation works, as evidenced bv your binary presentation of the OP's post as either factual information or outright fabrication.

You're right, after thinking about it some more and talking to rach about it, I realized I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt. In all likelihood the girl has a completely different and perhaps just as credible (if not moreso) side of the story.

In either case I could relate to the OP's feelings and fear so I replied in his favor. Had I heard both sides of the story perhaps I would have reacted differently. In either case, I did make the mistake of of taking sides too zealously.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hooray, the debasement of all human dignity in this thread is slightly mitigated!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What ive learned in this thread is that fuuma, rach, and iammatt are neochristian zealots.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
What ive learned in this thread is that fuuma, rach, and iammatt are neochristian zealots.
And me. I just can't suppress my upbringing well enough.
frown.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I still recommend that people stop ******* so much.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deranged
I told 1 good luck with life and taking care of the kid by herself. I told her i wasn't going to have anything to do with her. I'm not going to throw away my life for some irrational, emotional girl that i only dated for 4 weeks.
If i was with her for a year, two years, sure, I'll man up and stick it out for the kid. But this is a 4 week fling.

Please tell tat to a judge and post the video.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I said was that you had near zero understanding of how such a situation works, as evidenced bv your binary presentation of the OP's post as either factual information or outright fabrication.
Given the available information, why would the OP do anything but encourage an abortion? -She has no explicit moral issues with it* ** -There is no financial burden -She cannot support a child -He cannot support a child -There are no major familial issues with getting an abortion -Neither of them actually want a child *I understand (to my biologically limited extent) that abortions can be incredibly traumatic experiences. This is one thing that I see that could be used to call the OP an awful person. **I also know that it's easy to be pro choice until you're actually put in the situation where you're thinking about killing a "child." I've been through a pregnancy scare before, and it was ******* awful. Obviously I wasn't even the one who had to either carry it to term or make the decision to end a potential child's life. We were lucky in that it was a bad test. That being said, I can't think of a reason for the OP not to encourage an abortion. As far as her odd texts go, there is a potential chance that she is really stressed and trying to make light of it. If she actually is pregnant, and actually is getting an abortion, she probably needs all of the support that she can get. Her choice of having him not come is kinda sketchy, but she may just want some privacy while she deals with this. That being the case, it's a really **** bag thing to bail on her. But, that's not part of the information we're given, and I have both a friend and a familiar acquaintance who have been through similar situations that were girls trying to simply postpone a breakup, leaving me biased toward believing the OP. Did I miss anything major?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
OP, make sure you go with her so you know she "had" it. Sounds dubious that she doesn't want you there.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that two mostly irresponsible people made a mistake that, in the end, regardless of whose fault it was, was a mistake. Some people choose to keep their mistakes and end up being better for it, but some people would end up worse for wear if they made the same choice, which is how I think the OP and his ex would have ended up. While I do think there are certain guys here who are naive in their thoughts about abortion, and have an almost non existent consideration for many of the women they sleep with (or at least front that way on Styleforum), I don't think they're necessarily disgusting assholes. Male bravado aside, it's realistic that many (men AND women) would support the OP's desire for an abortion. I don't think it matters what forum a situation like this is discussed in, there will still be the two sides arguing for or against. It just so happens that this is a predominantly male forum, and so there are predicted machismo responses.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Given the available information, why would the OP do anything but encourage an abortion?

-She has no explicit moral issues with it* **
-There is no financial burden
-She cannot support a child
-He cannot support a child
-There are no major familial issues with getting an abortion
-Neither of them actually want a child

*I understand (to my biologically limited extent) that abortions can be incredibly traumatic experiences. This is one thing that I see that could be used to call the OP an awful person.

**I also know that it's easy to be pro choice until you're actually put in the situation where you're thinking about killing a "child."

I've been through a pregnancy scare before, and it was ******* awful. Obviously I wasn't even the one who had to either carry it to term or make the decision to end a potential child's life. We were lucky in that it was a bad test. That being said, I can't think of a reason for the OP not to encourage an abortion.

As far as her odd texts go, there is a potential chance that she is really stressed and trying to make light of it. If she actually is pregnant, and actually is getting an abortion, she probably needs all of the support that she can get. Her choice of having him not come is kinda sketchy, but she may just want some privacy while she deals with this. That being the case, it's a really **** bag thing to bail on her. But, that's not part of the information we're given, and I have both a friend and a familiar acquaintance who have been through similar situations that were girls trying to simply postpone a breakup, leaving me biased toward believing the OP.

Did I miss anything major?

The vile posting of most people who participated in this thread?

If I was in the same situation I would also favour an abortion, this has nothing to do with the discussion we're having now.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The vile posting of most people who participated in this thread?

If I was in the same situation I would also favour an abortion, this has nothing to do with the discussion we're having now.

Oh.

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
Wow. OP, if you are not a troll, you are certainly someone I'm glad I don't know and won't ever know.

By the way, if she has the kid, you will pay child support unless she gives it up for adoption, no matter what bizarre idea someone tries to give you here. Quite frankly, maybe paying it will cause you to grow up.

Honestly, I give it 90% that you are trolling. If not, I feel sorry for you. If you are, I feel sorry for you.

This isn't funny.

Have at me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads