• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ETRO Suit/Blazer quality?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I've handled their quality is actually pretty good. May have changed recently, however.

Lindrian

Reaction score
From what I've handled their quality is actually pretty good. May have changed recently, however.
I worry that it might be fused, which I can't accept for that price. Canvas in a linen blazer might be a bit odd though, so I'm not quite sure. How do I know if I buy it?

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I worry that it might be fused, which I can't accept for that price. Canvas in a linen blazer might be a bit odd though, so I'm not quite sure. How do I know if I buy it?
Just buy it and do the pinch test. If you don't feel the canvas and you're unhappy with it, you can return it.

The majority of Etro pieces I've handled are half canvass and made by Boglioli. They might use fusing for cheaper pieces.

Agree with @Ich_Dien that Etro does make some nice pieces. Not amazing, but nice/decent quality.

One last thing I would add is that if you're looking for a green linen blazer, try brands like Samuelsohn or Spier and McKay. You can get a green samuelsohn linen blazer that is fully canvassed for the same price as the Etro.

Lindrian

Reaction score
Just buy it and do the pinch test. If you don't feel the canvas and you're unhappy with it, you can return it.

The majority of Etro pieces I've handled are half canvass and made by Boglioli. They might use fusing for cheaper pieces.

Agree with @Ich_Dien that Etro does make some nice pieces. Not amazing, but nice/decent quality.
Speak of the devil. Just arrived at my door.

Did a pinch test and can't really tell if its fused or not. Not as obvious as on my Caruso. I shined a light through it, and there is definitely something there, as most of the light is blocked in some regions and you can see "plates". This is only on the front of the jacket.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's